The Greengrocer's Apostrophe

tueartsboots said:
rassclot said:
yet another american import. sometimes doubled up as, for example, "can i get a skinny latte to go" instead of "can i have a milky coffee to take away").

oh, and latte has to be mispronounced 'laaaatte' for the full effect.
"May I have" NOT "can I have"

when was the last time you went into a shop and said "may i have..."? i suppose you ask young ladies "may i have the next dance?" too ;)

tueartsboots said:
mammutly said:
Shouldn't your name be Tueart'sboots?
If I was talking about Tueart's Boots then yes but as it just a fooking forum username, I can ,yes I could use "may" instead, use what what the fook I wish !

I think you've spelt 'fuck' wrong there and your grammar has gone way over t'hill.

:-)

Never in my life have I seen so many greengrocer's apostrophes on one single leaflet...

Hat's off, guy's...;-)

2q0ll7c.jpg

1_barry_conlon said:
tueartsboots said:
That should be "HERE" tut tut and capital "I" on "i'd"

-- Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:01 pm --

"May I have" NOT "can I have"

TB, I didn't think that you'd fall for that one? It was so obvious as well. Unless you're reverse clarkeying me?
It's reversed "Clarkied" ! Yes, I knew it was an obvious.

Rassclot, yes I do use "May I have ......................... PLEASE"
as in " Can I have a blow job?" Missus: "Of course you can but not from me."
"May I have a blow job please" Missus:"No, fuck off, I'm doing a crossword" Simples

quiet_riot said:
Bluebird1 said:
As an aside to this, can anyone tell me what the trend for adding letters to the end of words i.e. 'theee boyssss innn blueeee' is all about?

I notice that on females' facebook statuses.

Ridiculous.

It's not just the girls, the lads are replying in the same way. I just don't get it.

tueartsboots said:
Rassclot, yes I do use "May I have ......................... PLEASE"
as in " Can I have a blow job?" Missus: "Of course you can but not from me."
"May I have a blow job please" Missus:"No, fuck off, I'm doing a crossword" Simples

lmao :D

I've noticed a rising number of people on here who want to use the word 'hypocrisy', yet they spell it 'hypocracy'.

Grr!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.