The Gym

Kingfisher in Reddish (Houldsworth Mill)

£35 a month (With pool, sauna, spa and steam room)

It's cracking. Good laugh, never go upstairs to do a workout, always go in the pool area to chill out. We have a great laugh. Walked in one day to hear a middle-aged woman talking about strawberries and cream (This version <a class="postlink" href="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Strawberries%20and%20cream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... nd%20cream</a>) in the sauna. If you want to exercise fine. If you want to do feck all and chat about football and crap, that's fine too.

David Lloyd 142 a month for me and 3 kids and tennis lessons got them. Love it.

David Lloyd and I regret signing up, it’s full of snobs.

Initally I thought it was great, amazing machinery, good facilitaties but I under estimated how busy the weight rooms would get and how bad the etiquette is in there. There are a lot of numpties in the weight rooms and I think it reflects the local area (Finchley). There’s one twat who is evidently on steds who always shouts on his phone whilst in the gym. He also has the cheek to go up to the bench or weight machine your on and jumps in to do a quick set. It’s not just him there’s a lack of respect all over the show.

Don’t get me wrong, its bad hogging machinery but at the same time I can’t stand knobheads who ask as soon as you jump on a bench “have you got many sets left” and then stand there until you finish. I purposely end up taking longer. For this reason I now mainly go at weekend and avoid it during the week. Also the majority think it’s ok to leave weights they’ve just finished with lying on the floor. I sound like a gym nazi but its more for respect of other gym users.

When I was in Manchester I went to Holmes Place in Didsbury which then became Virgin Active which I enjoyed quite a lot. There’s a good social bunch in there and great etiquette and staff are brilliant.

I then used Total Fitness which was cheap and same again, great facilities, friendly and social.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.