The HALLOWEENATHON - What HORROR movie(s) are you watching?

Continuing on with the Film Fear season.

On tonight, Channel 5 HD @ 23:00

zkwm3AW.jpg

Life (2017)

Starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson & Ryan Reynolds.

Terror strikes when astronauts aboard the International Space Station discover a rapidly evolving life-form from Mars that threatens Earth.

zkwm3AW.jpg

Life (2017)

Terror strikes when astronauts aboard the International Space Station discover a rapidly evolving life-form from Mars that threatens Earth.
Really enjoyed this movie and especially the ending, well worth a watch.

Was desperately searching for something 'Halloweeny' to watch over the weekend.
I've watched the original Halloween to death (no pun...) and it's an absolute masterpiece of it's drama (and indeed low budget indie film making). Some fine recommendations on this thread (Train to Busan is on my list).

'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark' looks ace too (and probably borderline watch with the kids movie).

Jumped back into Poltergeist the other evening (another movie I've watch so many times). Amazing Spielberg US suburban qualities...one of those films that made me fall in love with the US as a kid.

However, I came across 'It Follows' by chance and it's an absolute delight (see links).
Very much influence by a slew of horror movies such as 'Don't Look Now' and 'Invasions of the Body Snatchers' but Halloween is a clear influence.

Has that low key, indie 'intelligent horror' vibe to it and some really sickly moments. I thought it was great and higly recommend. It's available on the BBC iPlayer as it happens.

Anyone who hasn't seen it and goes ahead, let me know what you think.
Been a while since I've sat down and watched a film but I really enjoyed doing so and I think I'll leave the boxsets aside for a while and do this to help through the next lockdown.

Review:
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/feb/26/it-follows-review-horror-sex-death

More about it here:
https://www.wired.com/2015/03/it-follows-unholy-trinity/

On tonight, Film4 HD @ 22:50

j000q1v.jpg

Bone Tomahawk (2015)

Starring Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson & Lili Simmons.

In the American Old West, a sheriff assembles a small group on a mission to rescue three people from a terrifying group of cannibalistic cave dwellers.

zkwm3AW.jpg

Life (2017)

Poor Alien rip off, from what i remember.

On tonight, Film4 HD @ 22:50

j000q1v.jpg

Bone Tomahawk (2015)

Starring Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson & Lili Simmons.

In the American Old West, a sheriff assembles a small group on a mission to rescue three people from a terrifying group of cannibalistic cave dwellers.

Thats more like it, great film, but cant bring myself to watch THAT scene ever again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.