The Harry and Meghan fuss

Only just catching the interview, so apologies. Couldn't be bothered last night.

She was contemplating suicide whilst so heavily pregnant?

Can't believe Oprah would not follow that up and ask Meghan to try and explain the dichotomy, having spoken earlier in the interview how protective she was of her impending arrival.

Suicide is indeed a very serious subject, and she wanted to shed a light on it, yet no elaboration was asked of her, nor given as to how she could contemplate also harming her own child?
Are you suggesting that she should have asked her, as an untrained non-professional, to logically explain a mental health episode?

I really don't understand why they have given this interview they are now living the life that they claimed they wanted so surely they are happy. I felt that even though they fawned over the Queen they had to know there would be a backlash against her as the head of the Royal Family. This interview has caused so much division and what has been gained. Harry dipped his toe into the water about racism in the Royal Family but then wouldn't elaborate and name the person so all we have is every member being accused with no proof which leaves the Royals unable to hold anyone to account. I found a lot of the things Meghan had to say very naive and being honest unbelievable but so be it. I felt Harry throwing his family under the bus was the low point he is out now so why air personal family business on an interview he knew was going to go global in the full knowledge that they wouldn't reply. If he felt the royal life wasn't for him anymore he is rich enough to up sticks and live his life as he wanted with just his family and friends. I was left thinking what a shit show and what did they hope to achieve.

I am suggesting her as a journalist, Oprah could have asked her to expand, certainly with regards her joy at impending motherhood and yet such dark thoughts.
Well she could have, but it's not exactly an unusual thing. It's estimated that 7% of women suffer depression during pregnancy and post-natal depression is a well-known condition.

VAR verdict finally in , Red Cards for Morgan, Prince Charles, James chuffing Corden and Luke Shaw. T Markle not allowed back on as clearly unwell. Harry and Meg to join Beckhams Miami project as cheerleaders and lastly a penalty to the Queen for caring for her poorly husband and displaying inspiring stability and mental strength.

Well let me explain.
I have young people that I am in contact with as part of my job. I know you know this. Many have mental health problems.
I'll give you one example; a 20 year old girl who worked for 18 months as a care worker until Summer last year. She has no mother at home, only her dad. No siblings either. She left her job because of anxiety, with no idea as to what triggered it.
She has gone rapidly downhill since and is declaring fit notes. It has got to the point where she completely stresses if I book a phone appointment with her, even if it's just once a month and purely to see how she is. Just a chat and to touch base.
So now I need to try and get round that and try to encourage her to engage in some kind of medical help. Anything, rather than leaving her as she is.
Do I worry about her? Of course. To the point I bring work home with me (in my head at least). But it's my job so I will try and do my best for her.

And that is just one example. Of many.

I'm pretty sure my own mental health isn't helped by visiting and posting on threads like this, as I get annoyed at people who have no idea how everyone else who suffer similar, but with no money, nobody to emotionally support them, nothing to look forward to and life being incredibly shit, actually exist and cope.

That's what caused my nuclear reaction last night.

The "all consuming" comment was because I have mental health issues (big time) in my family (my half sister regularly goes missing), my work means I deal with it a lot of the time and, also, it's on the television for the rest of it.

Just wanted to put any misconceptions right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.