The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Spurs fans reckon Kane will stick around even if nothing's ever won (Of course Tottenham could easily win a trophy soon enough anyway)? I think he would personally, for as long as Tottenham stay competitive at least.

Also on the flip side and relating to the nearer future, are there any conditions which Spurs fans reckon he could leave sometime in the next couple years? Is there any particular club or amount of money that could swing things for him?
Would it take a change of manager? Or what if next season he shatters all the records and Real go all out for him, for example?

I'd also like to get this in now. Come the end of summer I think most people will have Tottenham down for 5th/6th and they'll end up finishing 3rd at worst. They've got the pedigree of 3 consecutive top 3 finishes and they're one of the most efficient teams when it comes to avoiding stupid results. Plus the lack of pressure will suit them, meaning they can plod along gathering points quietly.

I’ve got no illusions that Kane would stay at Spurs regardless of whether or not the club is genuinely in the mix for major trophies or regardless of who is manager. He’d eventually go if he concluded that he wasn’t going to win things with Spurs and if one of the big Spanish clubs came in for him. But, at the moment, he has enough reason to believe that Spurs can and will win silverware over the coming years. And while he would certainly win far more at Real Madrid, say, would the experience, satisfaction, sense of achievement and emotion of winning any silverware there come remotely close to what it would be were he to win the equivalent silverware with Spurs? I don’t think so.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I reckon he’ll be with Spurs for two more years at least. That would still leave him in the prime of his career if he wanted a big move. And if Spurs can finally translate their consistency over the past three years into silverware, then there is a chance that he might stay for good.

Ism't he actually an Arsenal fan?

Nope. Always a Spurs fan (whole family is Spurs) but briefly played for Arsenal kids when he was 8. That’s when that photo was taken. Would I be right in thinking that there were some childhood City fans among Utd’s crop of early 90’s youth graduates?

Fellas.....I get the Ricky Villa thing; the Gore Vidal “it’s not enough to succeed, others must fail” thing; the Spurs hate / ridicule; and the fact that I’m on another club’s message board so shouldn’t expect to see complimentary things written about my club. All totally understandable. And no different to what you’d find on any other club’s message board (other than Rawk, which is an extreme law unto itself).

But I can’t help feeling that some of the posts on here today about Harry Kane are exactly the kind of posts that, 10 years ago, you would have expected and detested from your nearest and dearest neighbours. Perhaps unintentional but they come across as posts by fans who have somehow lost touch with real football and real values.

Mocking a player for showing loyalty to his boyhood club; interpreting his actions as lacking ambition because he hasn’t taken what might just as readily be interpreted as the easy, ready made, less ambitious route of joining one of the giants of the game? It’s surely equally worthy, at least, to believe in and commit to winning major trophies at a club where trophies aren’t a shoo-in?

Especially these days, as fans across the footballing spectrum feel increasingly disengaged from their clubs and the players that represent them, Kane committing to Spurs is more deserving of appreciation than ridicule, I’d have thought.
So i sound like a rag and i've lost touch with football and values? we have had lots of players in recent years dedicate their prime years to us like sergio,zabba,vinny,dave,joe,yaya etc but they all experienced life somewhere else and played and learnt their game in different places,kane is a typical english stay at home player,i don't like that but it does not make me a rag like blue or lost touch with loyalty and values so wind that tone in,kane will never win the title with you,when they look back it's trophies they want to see in the cabinet

63 days to season KO, as of 9th June, the new stadium looks like its going to be the best club one in the world but, it’s no where near finished they will clearly need to play away for first 3 games but even allowing for that it’s going to be tight Been working 24/7 already as well

Test events are still scheduled for August and the first Premier League game there is likely to be after the international break in September. Spurs are very confident that the stadium will be ready. To be clear, “ready” does not necessarily mean completed. There will likely still be non-critical jobs to complete but the stadium will be safe and fully functional.

If you were to see photos of Atlético Madrid’s new stadium on this date last year, you would see that far more essential work remained there than at the new WHL now. Yet the Wanda Metropolitano was ready for full opening immediately after the September international break.

I’ve got no illusions that Kane would stay at Spurs regardless of whether or not the club is genuinely in the mix for major trophies or regardless of who is manager. He’d eventually go if he concluded that he wasn’t going to win things with Spurs and if one of the big Spanish clubs came in for him. But, at the moment, he has enough reason to believe that Spurs can and will win silverware over the coming years. And while he would certainly win far more at Real Madrid, say, would the experience, satisfaction, sense of achievement and emotion of winning any silverware there come remotely close to what it would be were he to win the equivalent silverware with Spurs? I don’t think so.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I reckon he’ll be with Spurs for two more years at least. That would still leave him in the prime of his career if he wanted a big move. And if Spurs can finally translate their consistency over the past three years into silverware, then there is a chance that he might stay for good.

Kane will never leave Spurs. He has the entire team built around him, to his and not necessarily Spurs benefit. He is your Shearer, more interested in personal glory than the clubs. Funnily enough, you'd be fine without him, losing Erickson would be a far bigger problem.

Test events are still scheduled for August and the first Premier League game there is likely to be after the international break in September. Spurs are very confident that the stadium will be ready. To be clear, “ready” does not necessarily mean completed. There will likely still be non-critical jobs to complete but the stadium will be safe and fully functional.

If you were to see photos of Atlético Madrid’s new stadium on this date last year, you would see that far more essential work remained there than at the new WHL now. Yet the Wanda Metropolitano was ready for full opening immediately after the September international break.

You were saying, Jim?

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/tottenham-stadium-spurs-return-wembley/

Daily Mail story. Think I’ll wait to have it confirmed by the club!

As I said before, the first Premier League game at the new stadium is likely to be after the September international break. And that still seems to be the likeliest outcome to me. What might have changed, if there is any truth in this Mail story, is that the other Premier League clubs might have refused to allow Spurs to play their first four games away from home (which is what would have been required for the first game at the new stadium to be after the international break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.