The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
They miss Alderweireld big time, for me the best CB in the league in recent years. It’s not the Harry Kane team.

They miss Alderweireld big time, for me the best CB in the league in recent years. It’s not the Harry Kane team.
When you beat them and him going out it can't be denied it looks like Team Toby. The lack of player investment is going to hurt them repeatedly i feel.

Look at Arsenal, they see that cash coming in and they are loathe to spend it until they hear the pitch forks on the boardroom door. Their fans were promised the world and more, it simply has never materialized. Nothing tells me Spurs owners will do any different when they see that match day and tv income stuffing coffers they can plunder with consummate ease. Either way they certainly are not doing it now and players are going to get grumpy if they are not already (Rose).

The more immediate issue is player fatigue and injuries. They do not have much quality in depth, indeed if Kane is not right on it they are decidedly average with Alderweirald out to. Getting the whole squad to be seamless in transition player wise is the hardest thing a manager can do imo, Pep has it mastered but has/can Poch?

Why do people want Alli when we have De Bruyne and could spend the money on Verratti?

I can see your point, but Alli isn't a creative midfield player.

Alli is your old-school second striker that whilst he can come up with the occasional top class assist, will primarily link-up with whoever is the main CF and score goals.

I think Alli is in a similar mould to Thomas Muller and both are players who are quite unique in an era where the number 10 is predominantly educated to control the game in the final third and assist goals for the striker and wide-players

Both need very good creativity to flourish properly in my opinion.

I can see your point, but Alli isn't a creative midfield player.

Alli is your old-school second striker that whilst he can come up with the occasional top class assist, will primarily link-up with whoever is the main CF and score goals.

I think Alli is in a similar mould to Thomas Muller and both are players who are quite unique in an era where the number 10 is predominantly educated to control the game in the final third and assist goals for the striker and wide-players

Both need very good creativity to flourish properly in my opinion.

Exactly my point. We don't use a number 10 like this and have De Bruyne as the closest player, a far superior player to Alli. We have Gundogan on the bench, a back up option most teams would love to have as first choice. When we return to 3-5-2 and need a second striker, we get a choice from Sterling, Sane and Jesus to back up Aguero, all better players than Alli and better at linking up with an Aguero type than a Kane type.

We look at the squad and see a few major problems, like for like back ups in wide areas aren't there so to be our best Sterling and Sané have to play ever game which is impossible, also relating to this Mendy is the only left wing back and injured for 6 months so we can't rest by changing formation. Then Fernandinho is absolutely vital to the way we play, has no valid back up with Yaya do poor and is 32 years old playing in a high intensity position with a history of fading in the last few months of the season. These problems we need to fix before spending Neymar type fees on unnecessary players that don't suit the way we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.