The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard someone on the tv or radio saying the spurs slump has coincided with poch releasing a book. Has he been talking about his players in the book and they've been spooked by it?

I heard someone on the tv or radio saying the spurs slump has coincided with poch releasing a book. Has he been talking about his players in the book and they've been spooked by it?
He talked about Kyle Walker leaving, it probably shows his current players they can’t trust anything said in confidence, he will just put it out in a book...

I see their stadium bill has reached the £1B mark looks like a race to get it open for next season as well working 24/7 Admittedly it’s going to be the best one in England but, they have saddle themselves with debt that will take years to clear and hamstrung their transfer strategy. Players are already unhappy with the wage structure can’t see them being in a position to change it.

I see their stadium bill has reached the £1B mark looks like a race to get it open for next season as well working 24/7 Admittedly it’s going to be the best one in England but, they have saddle themselves with debt that will take years to clear and hamstrung their transfer strategy. Players are already unhappy with the wage structure can’t see them being in a position to change it.

That’s a big hike from the original £400 million estimate and to be honest, I’d blame Levy and his obsession with playing NFL games there. Should’ve just made it a football stadium and the costs would be considerably lower. They’re going to be hamstrung with regards to spending money for years just like Arsenal were. And most of the improvement on the field in recent years is down to Pochettino - if he was to leave.....crikey, he’s not even ruled out taking the England job in future.

As for what’s currently happening, well it shows that a month is a long time in football. At the back end of October when they travelled to United, I think it’s fair to say that many of us viewed them as big a threat as anyone in terms of challenging us for the league. There’s a lesson to us not to get complacent as things can go south pretty quickly if we do.

Spurs are simply missing too many good players at the moment and don’t have any real depth in the squad.

They’re missing Kyle Walker, they’re missing Alderweireld who’s in the top two or three centre backs in England. Wanyama and Dembele have barely played, with Winks and Sissoko not a touch on either of those two, plus Alli is way off form (it was always going to happen for a short spell).

I’m sure Spurs will pick up when Alderweireld and the two centre mids return, plus Alli and Eriksen get back on form, but by that stage they’ll be in a tough battle for top four. They were in a position to kick on and possibly win the league this season, yet they’ve gone backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.