The "Head Injury " Rule

Arsenal as a club seem to exploit this one more than most, Gabriel seems to have a head injury a game… or maybe he’s concerned his fake hair has fallen out. The bald wanker.
Yesterday,Arse under pressure,Gabriel has a quick look to see where the ref is,falls down clutching his bonce.

There’s only one solution and that’s for managers to instruct their players that it is one step too far as far as gamesmanship is concerned and is putting their fellow pros at risk when they do actually have a serious injury.

But they won’t obviously. In fact the first thing they’ll do if the law does change is to immediately start working on a way to exploit it.

You can’t put it on the officials. They’re not doctors. And even if they were, sometimes the most serious injuries look totally innocuous to start with.

The LMA and PFA should be working together and sending out the message that it’s unacceptable but I doubt that’s going to happen either.

Should be forced to leave the field for a 5 min medical check where players are assessed by a doctor. If all's good after that, they are allowed to come back on. That would stop these farcical overreactions pretty quickly

Yes, 5 minutes off should be mandatory. It's a disadvantage to be down one man but it forces the manager to replace injured players rather than sending them back out there with a head injury and penalises the fakers who are effectively cheating.

Far too many Times now players go down screaming and holding their head, the current rule is to stop the game. This is increasingly used to break up the opposition play. It is cheating pure and simple.
The powers that be should change the rule that any head injury must go off the field and be assessed by an appointed doctor. That would stop this cheating.
There was a Villa guy down t'other night about fifteen yards outside his area in front of the Villa goal - "Play round him FFS! If he gets trampled on then he should have fucked off to the side." was heard to come from one knowledgeable FOC from CBL3 occupying my seat. Doesn't matter where they get hit - knee, ankle, arse, shoulder - they end up with both palms across their face. It's the new 'going down after 70 mins when yer on 0-0 or 1-0 up' and the opposition are battering you!

Last edited:
There’s only one solution and that’s for managers to instruct their players that it is one step too far as far as gamesmanship is concerned and is putting their fellow pros at risk when they do actually have a serious injury.

But they won’t obviously. In fact the first thing they’ll do if the law does change is to immediately start working on a way to exploit it.

You can’t put it on the officials. They’re not doctors. And even if they were, sometimes the most serious injuries look totally innocuous to start with.

The LMA and PFA should be working together and sending out the message that it’s unacceptable but I doubt that’s going to happen either.
Agree. Where there is an area that can be exploited and which puts refs over a barrel then coaches will exploit it. It's developed on the training grounds. Shrieks of pain when a legitimate tackle comes in that wins the ball cleanly, writhing on the floor as if they'd been howitzered, testing the refs' resolve with issuing a yellow card (check the Arse game!), goal kicks that revert to a long hoof when goalies have spent ten or fifteen seconds looking at both wings and full backs, carefully placing the ball on a specific blade of grass they nominated in the warm up, are all part and parcel of pro-football these days. They are the failed solutions to what the likes of Guardiola have developed over the seasons but the arbitrators don't see a problem and are incapable of coming up with international decisions that eradicate them even if they saw the problem in the first place.

I agree, though not just for head injuries.
If they refs stops the game for a player on the floor, then they should make them go off for at least a minute.
The amount of times the refs stops the game and goes over to the player only to instantly wave to bench that they don’t need treatment.
Get up or get off.

A lot of blame need to go to linesmen

more and more they don't keep up with play or even respond to fouls or injuries near them, a linesman should be able to spot a genuine collision/foul to th head and when a player if faking it
Watched snippets of a few games yesterday
Live as I couldn’t decide what to watch but on at least two of those games throw ins went the wrong way with the ref just guessing all because the linesman was nowhere near the fucking action.

It’s the little things like that get on my tits with these officials these days never gets called out.

Watched snippets of a few games yesterday
Live as I couldn’t decide what to watch but on at least two of those games throw ins went the wrong way with the ref just guessing all because the linesman was nowhere near the fucking action.

It’s the little things like that get on my tits with these officials these days never gets called out.

Do you know what the correct position for a lineman to be in is?

Yep, sometimes it would be nice if the players & coaching staff would stop fucking cheating for a minute.
It wont happen though

Do you know what the correct position for a lineman to be in is?
level with the last outfield defender so offsides can be called or if the bal lis nearer the goalies than the defender in line with the ball.

You see many offsides called when the linesman is behind the defender not level so it's a guess, same with corners and fouls not seen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.