'The heart has been ripped from the club I have loved'

HelloCity

Remember this article? I wonder how Colin Shindler feels a year later?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...5/The-heart-ripped-club-I-loved-50-years.html

At least this Abu Dhabi lot have got money, but that's all they've got. They've taken my love who Shinawatra turned into a whore, cloaked her in the finest of silk dresses and doused her in the most seductive of Arabian fragrances.

I don't recognise her any longer. She might look beautiful but she's rotten at the core. I still love her. How could I not after all these years? The opposite of love is indifference and I'm certainly not indifferent to what happens to Manchester City.

ManCityX said:
Remember this article? I wonder how Colin Shindler feels a year later?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...5/The-heart-ripped-club-I-loved-50-years.html

At least this Abu Dhabi lot have got money, but that's all they've got. They've taken my love who Shinawatra turned into a whore, cloaked her in the finest of silk dresses and doused her in the most seductive of Arabian fragrances.

I don't recognise her any longer. She might look beautiful but she's rotten at the core. I still love her. How could I not after all these years? The opposite of love is indifference and I'm certainly not indifferent to what happens to Manchester City.

1 year later and he probably still feels like a right twat for saying that. :)

I though Man United Ruined My Life was a good read although there was too much cricket in it.

Maybe he'll write a sequel called 'On second thoughts Sheikh Mansour ruined my life'

The film Buster was shit and he is a bit of a twat!

Don't suppose this clown gives an explanation as to what he would like to see city be. Should we go back to being a club where midtable is seen as a good achievement and flirting with relegation is a constant year in year out, only singing songs about bell summerbee and Lee? For most of us I think we are more happy now with the way the club is being run and would rather we bring in new hero's for later gerenations to talk about and look at the last 30 years as the hard times that made success even more sweet. We all love city win lose or draw but if somebody has to be successful and I would rather it be us or should we just keep up the typical city mantra and expect another 30 years of heartbreak, anybody who would rather a mediocre city like the last 30 years rather than a successful one like we had in the 60's and 70's is a moron

He's right of course.

We should only be playing academy lads and poaching League 1 and 2 players who will put in a shift and track back.

We should also accept mediocrity and see-sawing in and out of the Championship, our greatest success being, if we're lucky, the Championship trophy.

Seriously speaking, no one wants the club to lose its heart, but having money hasn't caused that. As long as we remain a grassroots club in the community and don't forget who we are (or were), we are City. And yes, it also helps to have at least a couple from the youth system, so keep playing well Joe and Micah and hopefully some of the kids like Guidetti, Nimely, Weiss, and Cunningham can become good enough to play regularly.

I think he was on Match of the Day 2 last season and it was showing him visit the stadium before one of our games, and then him and his wife were interviewed after the game had finished.

what I hate most about our country and those who seek to bad mouth and insult any from lands afar is purely what was demonstrated by this ridiculous and hypocritical article.
It is very bitter, badly doccumented and full of criticism without grounds.
For somebody of this idiots supposed reputation as an intellectual journalist to contrive such a putrid and flawed expression takes the piss.
Though the vast majority of our populous harbour images of anywhere outside of our coastline as being inferior, 3rd world, backwards and not fit to be classed alongside our great nation is absolute bullshit beyond belief.
We are generally the most biggoted nation anywhere on the planet. Our history has been generally written by ourselves and about ourselves and believe me, we have committed more attrocities world wide than probably any other nation.
I am English and very proud to be, but am no prouder than an Arab, Turk, Indian or South African. We all have done many things right and many wrong, but lets get one thing right, the Arabs as a race have generally been one of our closest allies and have shown very close allegiance to Great Britain for many, many years, almost always being honourable in their ways, and certainly never coming close to the scandalous and despicable behaviour we all have come to expect from best buddies the Americans.
I would love to hear this clowns explanation as to why the Arabians do not deserve the same respect as all the other foreigners who have come together to make our nation and national game such a diverse and rich tappestry?
Get real dickhead, you are a fool and your article proves it quite elequently.

I think you miss the point, though. He's saying that City were always regarded as the peoples club and the fans were well respected the world over. Players were able to come up through the ranks and play in the first team.

His fears are that we would give up all of that integrity which has always formed the heart of our club, and then become a figure of hate for buying our way to the top table without actually working hard for it.

Suppose the price of success is selling your soul to the devil. Look at Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.