The high street is becoming blue. The times are changing.

Re: Re: The high street is becoming blue. The times are changin

MSP said:
The truth is that new fans are coming already.. I've seen many people from all over the World (mostly Asia and Africa) on numerous occasions on various web sites with City related avatars, comments etc..

Some old City fans won't like it as it's unitedish feeling but it's unavoidable and absolutely needed for the club.

Each star brings new fans to the club, each success brings tons of them.

about 15 years ago I was wearing a city top at Newlands and someone local said to me "nice top better than united's". They've always known even back then. I'm back to the Cape this Xmas shall be interesting to see any reaction.

Swp & jb both doing well. Was a great game v you lot. Although we lost was good to see so many top players and a good atmosphere with both sets of fans bang at it.

Looking forward to the return at yours. By the look of it will see the champs crowned that day.

Good luck lads.

New fan's are coming but more importantly lost generations are returning. People don't understand how well supported this Football Club is across the UK. I've said it time and time again, everywhere I've been in the UK I've found City fan's. Either Manchester people who have moved or kid's with Manc parent's or people who became fan's through the Mercer, Allison year's or Skip's late 70's team.

Trust me! if (and it's obviously a big if at the minute) we follow up last year's FA Cup win with further success like winning the title. The club will explode in a way people won't be able to understand. Ground expansion certainly regarding League Games will need to happen.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:22 am --<br /><br />
lm1981 said:
Swp & jb both doing well. Was a great game v you lot. Although we lost was good to see so many top players and a good atmosphere with both sets of fans bang at it.

Looking forward to the return at yours. By the look of it will see the champs crowned that day.

Good luck lads.

Nice one mate. QPR and West Ham are the two London club's I personally both wish well so all the best for the rest of the season. Nice to see you back in the topflight.

Blue Lloyd said:
New fan's are coming but more importantly lost generations are returning. People don't understand how well supported this Football Club is across the UK. I've said it time and time again, everywhere I've been in the UK I've found City fan's. Either Manchester people who have moved or kid's with Manc parent's or people who became fan's through the Mercer, Allison year's or Skip's late 70's team.

Trust me! if (and it's obviously a big if at the minute) we follow up last year's FA Cup win with further success like winning the title. The club will explode in a way people won't be able to understand. Ground expansion certainly regarding League Games will need to happen.

-- Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:22 am --

lm1981 said:

Good luck lads.

Nice one mate. QPR and West Ham are the two London club's I personally both wish well so all the best for the rest of the season. Nice to see you back in the topflight.

My sister's club

She's spent most of her adult life living in Cricklewood

Good luck to you boys too !!

Was in Naples, Florida a couple of weeks ago watching the Newcastle game with locally based Blues, a rag came in saying that he had been watching his kid playing a school game, the school has decided to adopt City kits as their own! Happy days.

MSP said:
The truth is that new fans are coming already.. I've seen many people from all over the World (mostly Asia and Africa) on numerous occasions on various web sites with City related avatars, comments etc..

Some old City fans won't like it as it's unitedish feeling but it's unavoidable and absolutely needed for the club.

Each star brings new fans to the club, each success brings tons of them.

Was in the City shop last Saturday and a whole coach load of Koreans arrived and bought the shop out.

If we're gonna meet FFP we have to embrace these newbies
i'm comfortable enough with it and on my regular visits to France people are taloking more and more about City

Happy days IMHO !

Bumping a very old thread.....

Just been in Sports Direct in Liverpool One buying no.1 son some new footie boots, and the amount of City clobber in there is unbelievable. When I was a student there in the early 80’s you couldn’t even buy United stuff in Liverpool never mind City. There was literally nothing, just Liverpool and Everton. I know the Premier League and our recent success in it has changed the footballing landscape, but there’s almost as much City gear available now as there is Everton. I didn’t even have to do my usual trick of hanging City shirts at the front of the rag’s racks! Great to see

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.