The high street is becoming blue. The times are changing.

Essembe said:
Its happening abroad too.

For the first time ever, they are selling City shirts and tracksuits in Mexico, strangely enough at a Debenhams type store called Liverpool!!!

A WTF moment if ever there was one!

Also in Switzerland, there's a store in Zürich called Fussball Corner Oechslin, they have one window given over to Prem gear.

For years it was just rags, arse, chelski and red scouse, this year pride of place is given over to a City home and away shirt.

lm1981 said:
great to see. Like i said in another post, im not a city fan (QPR), but hate man ure. you guys have been through the mill the last 20 years, bit like my club, and deserve to have good times. Will be great to see how many loyal supporters that 2 bob mob from ot continue to pull when theyve been a few seasons without winning anything. Any plans for a banner at your gaff showing how mnay years since they last lifted a trophy if they draw a blank this year??

Think we might wait a while for that one! How are SWP and Barton doing down there?

lm1981 said:
great to see. Like i said in another post, im not a city fan (QPR), but hate man ure. you guys have been through the mill the last 20 years, bit like my club, and deserve to have good times. Will be great to see how many loyal supporters that 2 bob mob from ot continue to pull when theyve been a few seasons without winning anything. Any plans for a banner at your gaff showing how mnay years since they last lifted a trophy if they draw a blank this year??
I would hope that we could rise ourselves above that level of childishness. We'll leave that sort of thing to our ''quiet neighbours''! Fair play to your lot, by the way. You gave us our toughest game of the season up to now.

We live in mid-Cheshire and lads football team last night (U8).. 2 rags 10 blues... 6 red dippers

I was in HMV a couple of years ago about the time of the Carling Cup run. They had a plethora of rag memorabilia with very little on City - they even had Norwich City scarves.

Now as I come back to Manchester when I can, the more I go into HMV, the more I see blue rather than red. They've finally saw the light.

Re: Re: The high street is becoming blue. The times are changin

citykev28 said:
Bongo Joe said:
citykev28 said:
who's going to swipe one of those fifa covers for me? i live in hull and will be buying the game from asda as her mum gets discount but the lad would love to have that city cover.
Maybe not quite the same but you can print one off the website.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ea.com/uk/football/1/fifa12-club-pack-mancity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ea.com/uk/football/1/fifa12- ... ck-mancity</a>

cheers for that pal. will you steal one for me anyway? preferably with the game in it.

seriously, i appreciate that. what's the best type of paper to use?

Tissue paper. Or used fish and chip paper. Or woodchip wallpaper.

casualdeyna said:
Seeing that does please me as when I was a lad it was red garbage everywhere and one City calendar and a season review, I used to spend ages turning all the garbage around or putting City stuff in front of it, don't think I'd even need to bother now!
i still do this and it gives me a smug satisfaction that ive stopped one more dirty red item being bought for some poor kid.<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:15 am --<br /><br />and on another note i was in tesco in walkden the other week and all they had were some crappy city wallets (which i promptly put in front of every rag item there)when a few weeks before they had glasses , towels , scarfs , bags etc . i asked the girl stocking the shelves why they were only selling these wallets for city when they have loads of utd stuff and she said they had sold out! fantastic!

First post for me. Do we have a credentials check on here. First game at Maine Road City 0 Derby 1 (I think Macfarland scored) became a blue from that day on. A few weeks later dad took us to that shithole and we drew 2-2 and my brother chose the dark side, anyway I digress.
Living in Thailand everything is the 'pool' or utd but over the last 12 months I have seen so many kids wearing our colours and the away strip is very popular more so than the blue un. Living 500km from the tourist areas I find this truly amazing. I sat in a restaurant with about 200 reds for the derby and I thought the owner would put a decorator on the bill as I was on the ceiling most of the night.

scowy68 said:
Sorry to piss on the bonfire,but i was in a few different newsagents in the city center on Wednesday,the souvenirs on display we're mainly rag stuff,with City being just a few bits and pieces.
RAG...........

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.