The hype about England

Dubai Blue said:
masterwig said:
You find me one example in the mainstream media of someone calling the manager a genius.

From the above article:
Nobody is going to doubt the acumen of the manager after the two players he voluntarily introduced after the stalemate with Algeria - Defoe and Milner - combined for the first goal.

Not quite calling him a genius but fair enough. They like to build people up so they can hammer them back down when it goes wrong.

There is a light said:
royle said:
They beat them over 2 legs in the play offs for thw world cup didn't they?

Yeah, I was wrong they did.

Still England should have scored more goals from the opportunities they had.

I agree from the chances we had we should of scored more,but the fact we had so many good chances shows how much we dominated the game,if that was Russia we were playing and not Slovenia and we had the same amount of chances and limited them to only 3 long (tame) shots on target straight at David James,you and others would be on here saying how well we had done,but because its "only" slovenia (The team that beat Russia) .. its a bad performance. Hmm

Uwe's 80s mullet said:
god there are some miserable bastards about. yes we have been poor so and we only beat slovenia 1-0. who gives a fuck we got through!

if you dont think we have got a chance on sunday, dont watch it. id bet every penny i have that you will be though. get behind them.

sometimes i think a minority want us to fail.
I don't want us to fail but seeing headlines like "Cappello got the big calls right" when that big call was dropping the donkey Heskey make me wonder.

royle said:
I agree from the chances we had we should of scored more,but the fact we had so many good chances shows how much we dominated the game,if that was Russia we were playing and not Slovenia and we had the same amount of chances and limited them to only 3 long (tame) shots on target straight at David James,you and others would be on here saying how well we had done,but because its "only" slovenia (The team that beat Russia) .. its a bad performance. Hmm

I'm not an England fan, but regardless of beating Russia and a quality defensive record in qualifying, England were more than capable of putting more than 1 goal past Slovenia, regardless of their population or whatever.

They will now pay the price for not doing so, in that they face a much trickier passage to the latter stages of the tournament.

There is a light said:
royle said:

I'm not an England fan, but regardless of beating Russia and a quality defensive record in qualifying, England were more than capable of putting more than 1 goal past Slovenia, regardless of their population or whatever.

They will now pay the price for not doing so, in that they face a much trickier passage to the latter stages of the tournament.

to be fair, if we'd got the easier route we'd have only carried on being shit and getting embarrassed, at least this way we'll either up our game and get as far as we normally get or go out handsomely and then everyone will finally realise how shit these overpaid, unpatriotic and lazy players who are representing our country are.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
to be fair, if we'd got the easier route we'd have only carried on being shit and getting embarrassed, at least this way we'll either up our game and get as far as we normally get or go out handsomely and then everyone will finally realise how shit these overpaid, unpatriotic and lazy players who are representing our country are.

Probably true. If they don't turn up for Germany, they really don't deserve to be there.

I couldn't believe how much Shearer and co were waxing lyrical about us after the game. We finished secon to the fucking yanks for fucks sake! And spent the last few minutes against a very poor team kicking the ball into the corner and playing for time when we knew we'd probably need another goal to finish top. We've gone a long way to blowing it already.

2nd in the group behing USA

narrowest of victories against a country with a population smaller than G Manchester.

Yes it was an improvement but it couldn't have been any worse than the last game.

cracking cross from Milner.

It doesnt matter if you win by 1 or 10

A win is a win

Fucking hell. ive watched City steal a living for 20 years just scraping through - You would have thought most of us were used to it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.