The hype about England

does my head in all the media hype but then again we have our own team in the worlds biggest competition so your always going to get it,also makes it funnier that it winds the jocks and welsh up as they are so shit and will probably never qualify for another tournement...................lmao at them

bluevengence said:
redmizzle said:
You dont know the result till you've played the match so how can you be certain its an easier route?

FFS...are you clarkie with a new name?

Right.. i..will..say.. this....slow..so.. you...can...understand....IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO PLAY GHANA AND URAGUAY OR GERMANY AND ARGENTINA TO PROGRESS WHO WOULD YOU PREFER?
If my team is supposedly good enough to win the world cup i wont be looking for favours or easier routes!

I understand that historically Argentina and Germany do very well at the world cup but it doesnt necessarily mean Uruguay and Ghana are pushovers either. Thats definitely how it comes across talking about easier routes. Besides England havent exactly been great so far. Its certainly arrogant to refer to other teams in the last 16 as easy routes!

bluevengence said:
redmizzle said:
You dont know the result till you've played the match so how can you be certain its an easier route?

Right.. i..will..say.. this....slow..so.. you...can...understand....IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO PLAY GHANA AND URAGUAY OR GERMANY AND ARGENTINA TO PROGRESS WHO WOULD YOU PREFER?

Don't bother mate. Some of them are just refusing to accept that playing weaker teams is preferable to playing stronger ones

Italy 1-1 USA
Italy 1-1 Cameroon
Italy 1-1 Peru
Italy 0-0 Poland

First round results before winning the WC.

The pool matches are jockeying for position before the real thing starts.

..and a 'weaker' Slovakian team beat a supposedly 'stronger' Italian team, what do we know...

France bottom of their group, Italy bottom of their group....suddenly England scraping through doesn't look so bad

bluevengence said:
redmizzle said:

Maybe you should rephrase it (again) to clarify redmizzle's thinking;

If your life depended on getting to the semis, would you choose to play Germany and Argentina or Ghana and Uruguay?

Prestwich_Blue said:
So - we've beaten the smallest nation in the World Cup 1-0, failed to beat Algeria & the USA and all of a sudden, according to the media and many fans, Capello's a tactical genius and the England players are world-beaters.

We should have walked that group with 9 points, at least 6 goals for and no more than 1 conceded yet you'd think we'd beaten Brazil in the semi's. It's embarrassing frankly.

I don't always agree with you PB, but on this one I do.

I find this England squad a bore, I have no good feelings about them as individuals or a squad, some think its pressure, personally I think its mostly apathy and a lack of technical ability. Worse I don't think a number of them give a toss for those who have gone (and paid a small fortune) to watch.

There's more than a couple of them who I completely despise if I'm honest, and a number of others who I just do not rate.

A totally over rated bunch of players, who can't play without their numerous foreign colleagues.

Last night they were adequate at best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.