The hype about England

It has been daft, last night was average at best and press gone mad. USA wasn't much different and they got slated.

Heroic defeat against Germany no doubt (on penalties).

As City fans, we are pretty unanimous that whatever the media writes is a bag of lies - so why should it change when they write about England??

A 1-0 win is a win.

I would now take four of the shittiest, dullest, luckiest 1-0 wins ever to be seen in our next 4 games as that would mean we've won the thing.

Be honest - in the FA Cup, who wouldn't settle for the same thing?? scraping through, round upon round until we reach the final, which is the worst game EVER seen, yet Tevez deflects a goal in off his arse in the 92nd minute to give City a 1-0 win........ you'd take it, wouldn't you.

As a previous poster said they really don't like some of Englands players........ would that be the same concensus who really don't like Craig Bellamy (I love Bellers, by the way) yet have to acknowledge that without some of his goals we wouldn't have got 5th place last season??

My days, apparantly teams are rubbish when they lose...... and still rubbish when they win!!

The hype is a media thing..... and we don't care what the media think - remember!!

They could have kicked on and beat any of the group rivals and won the group like they should have. Now if they lose to Germay or Argentina, they will grudgingly accept that, thus avioding the massive slagging from the press and supporters of total humiliation a la France and Italy as an acheivement of sorts, this is a big problem.

Dont kid ourselves though, they were not great against Slovenia, not even Jesus Milner with his one cross fuck all else kind of game, and dont forget Algeria, as if thats possible, that result/performance should rightly go down as a never again moment.

Ill be cheering them on though against my better judgement and any kind of rationality, but I wont be blaming Landon Donavans last minute winner for the mountain weve got to climb, just the FA the players and coaches, no not even The Sun, cretins that they are can take the blame for this.

Putting the City hat back on if we had a route to a future cup final featuring hull bolton spurs then chelsea id be fuming at villa liverpool arsenal chelsea and thinking weve got little or no chance.

anyway roll on august THEN I can boo the tossers happily.

it was the equivalent of city drawing against Hull & Burnley and everyone thinks we're going to get relegated then scraping a 1-0 win against Bolton and everyone thinks we are going to qualify for Europe (mentality before takeover I may add)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.