The 'I deserve a ticket for QPR' thread

I'll be travelling from County Kildare (Naas ) Ireland . I've supported city for 44 years . I don't have a ticket but I'll be there at the stadium just in case we win . I have waited 44 years since I was 4 years old and started supporting City just after they won in 68 . Come on you blues!!!!!

I got my first season ticket in 1975 and so got a ticket for Wembley in 76.
I had a season ticket for 31 of the next 32 years (not 80 81 but sill went to 36 games and got to the Sat Wembley on tokens and the replay - open sale)
In most of those 32 years I went to over 40 matches, only one season managing 100%, yes I know I'm a part timer.
I too had life changing decisions, moved initially 140 miles away, now 4500 miles away.
Got to 6 matches last year - including Spurs H and Wembley.
Only 2 this year, Stoke A and Sunderland H -jinx or what?

Out here I have watched every minute of every league and cup game on TV for the last 3 years ( apart from te aes I got home for)

in my "loyal days" I went to every relegation/ promotion/ cup defining game. (but not York away!)

Do I think I ""DESERVE" a ticket for Sun?

NO.

Whilst I would have loved to fly home, circumstances prevent me.

Am I jealous of others? Not really, if you have a ticket well done, enjoy, sing load and proud , if you are going without a ticket again enjoy.

To all blues, no matter were you are , this has been the best season ever, if your circumstances mean you have taken up the baton of us old timers and attended this season - you lucky sods.

CTID

paulsimpson said:
I'll be travelling from County Kildare (Naas ) Ireland . I've supported city for 44 years . I don't have a ticket but I'll be there at the stadium just in case we win . I have waited 44 years since I was 4 years old and started supporting City just after they won in 68 . Come on you blues!!!!!
Yep. I'm travellling over from Mayo for the game even though, like you, I don't have a ticket. I'm sure that there are many blues more deserving of a ticket than me, but I am disappointed that I couldn't get hold of one. Ah well.

exiledbaguleyblue said:
I got my first season ticket in 1975 and so got a ticket for Wembley in 76.
I had a season ticket for 31 of the next 32 years (not 80 81 but sill went to 36 games and got to the Sat Wembley on tokens and the replay - open sale)
In most of those 32 years I went to over 40 matches, only one season managing 100%, yes I know I'm a part timer.
I too had life changing decisions, moved initially 140 miles away, now 4500 miles away.
Got to 6 matches last year - including Spurs H and Wembley.
Only 2 this year, Stoke A and Sunderland H -jinx or what?

Out here I have watched every minute of every league and cup game on TV for the last 3 years ( apart from te aes I got home for)

in my "loyal days" I went to every relegation/ promotion/ cup defining game. (but not York away!)
Do I think I ""DESERVE" a ticket for Sun?

NO.

Whilst I would have loved to fly home, circumstances prevent me.

Am I jealous of others? Not really, if you have a ticket well done, enjoy, sing load and proud , if you are going without a ticket again enjoy.

To all blues, no matter were you are , this has been the best season ever, if your circumstances mean you have taken up the baton of us old timers and attended this season - you lucky sods.

CTID
And you were doing so well upto there.

greenie_34 said:
I've supported City ever since Robinho signed. I used to support United, but then Chelsea won the league so I tried them. I've got all the merchandise including a limited edition Gareth Barry pencil case. I surely deserve a ticket.

ERR mate! even if u did support Utd, don't fucking say that here. We don't care bout ur past but i worry u won t stick around during the toughest times.
U true blue? true blue till u die?

Johnsonontheleft said:
I may be shot down for this but I feel that though I can't get a ticket for QPR on Sunday, I deserve to be there. I've supported City for 30 years, a season ticket holder for most of the 90s but because of where I now live (200 miles away) and because I have 2 kids to look after I just can't have a season ticket, and because of this I can't go.

The amount of money and time I've ploughed into this club, when the chips were down and the crowd used to chant 'we're shit and we're sick of it' at Maine Road, makes me feel like I deserve a ticket more than some of the 'johnny-come-latelys' who haven't been through the same shit I have for so long. I was a junior blue, had my birthday parties at Maine Road, went to platt lane every week to collect autographs from the likes of Quinny and Tony Coton and Paul Lake. Scouts from City watched me as a kid but I wasn't good enough. I've had every kit since 1990.

I fluked a ticket for the FA cup final, but have been unsuccessful for this one. It kills me inside. I deserve to be there and certain others do not.

Does anyone else feel like this?
I thought a whiny sense of entitlement was for left-wingers only. Why haven't you worked hard enough to get your ticket, personal responsibility etc?

union city blue said:
Wafty Cranker said:
It wasn't even that hard to get tickets for this game back when they went on sale. I'm pretty sure then went on sale to blue members with ticket priority that had about 250 loyalty points.

If only this was true mate.

I was a season ticket holder between 1986-2009. For reasons that are nobody elses business I had to give up my season ticket in 2009. I went to every home game throughout this period. I went to probably around 60% of the away games. I was at Wembley against Gillingham. I went to away games in Europe.

When the QPR tickets went on sale it looked like we'd blown it. But I still wanted to be there for the last game of the season. I had more than enough loyalty points to get a ticket. So I tried to buy online, only to be met with a screen telling me I had 0 loyalty points.

I emailed and rang the ticket office. About 3 hrs later when I finally got through I was told that this was an error, that they would send me an email to re-set my password, and that then would show my true loyalty points figure.

They were half right.

I logged on with my re-set password. It showed my true points figure - more than enough to be eligible to buy tickets. However, when I tried to buy tickets I kept getting an error message tellimg me I didn't have sufficient points for this fixture, despite the fact that I had 2000 points more than I needed.

I tried to ring the ticket office. I spent over an hour and a half, as did my mate who took it in turns with me to ring up. I'd ring up, get in a queue - you all know the routine - "you are caller number twelve, we will get to you when one of our operatives is free" etc. Except every time I got to number 2 or 3 the line went dead and I was back in the queue. In the end I gave up.

I relate this tale not to have a go at those that got tickets. I salute you all. I posted because I wanted those lucky buggers with tickets not to doubt the credentials of some of those of us not lucky enough to be able to be in the ground on Sunday.

To those with a ticket for Sunday: I envy you with every fibre of my body. When (if) Vinny lifts that trophy, I hope you go as mental as I would. But I hope that you spare a second's thought for those of us that can't be there.

Because know this - I would give anything to be in your shoes.

We stand on the threshold of greatness.

Manchester City.

Just typing that brings a lump to my throat. Wherever you are on Sunday, remember what this club means to us all.

Enjoy Sunday.

This is our time.

Why didn't you just buy the ticket over the phone when you first got through?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.