The 'I deserve a ticket for QPR' thread

gazinho said:
union city blue said:
Wafty Cranker said:
It wasn't even that hard to get tickets for this game back when they went on sale. I'm pretty sure then went on sale to blue members with ticket priority that had about 250 loyalty points.

If only this was true mate.

I was a season ticket holder between 1986-2009. For reasons that are nobody elses business I had to give up my season ticket in 2009. I went to every home game throughout this period. I went to probably around 60% of the away games. I was at Wembley against Gillingham. I went to away games in Europe.

When the QPR tickets went on sale it looked like we'd blown it. But I still wanted to be there for the last game of the season. I had more than enough loyalty points to get a ticket. So I tried to buy online, only to be met with a screen telling me I had 0 loyalty points.

I emailed and rang the ticket office. About 3 hrs later when I finally got through I was told that this was an error, that they would send me an email to re-set my password, and that then would show my true loyalty points figure.

They were half right.

I logged on with my re-set password. It showed my true points figure - more than enough to be eligible to buy tickets. However, when I tried to buy tickets I kept getting an error message tellimg me I didn't have sufficient points for this fixture, despite the fact that I had 2000 points more than I needed.

I tried to ring the ticket office. I spent over an hour and a half, as did my mate who took it in turns with me to ring up. I'd ring up, get in a queue - you all know the routine - "you are caller number twelve, we will get to you when one of our operatives is free" etc. Except every time I got to number 2 or 3 the line went dead and I was back in the queue. In the end I gave up.

I relate this tale not to have a go at those that got tickets. I salute you all. I posted because I wanted those lucky buggers with tickets not to doubt the credentials of some of those of us not lucky enough to be able to be in the ground on Sunday.

To those with a ticket for Sunday: I envy you with every fibre of my body. When (if) Vinny lifts that trophy, I hope you go as mental as I would. But I hope that you spare a second's thought for those of us that can't be there.

Because know this - I would give anything to be in your shoes.

We stand on the threshold of greatness.

Manchester City.

Just typing that brings a lump to my throat. Wherever you are on Sunday, remember what this club means to us all.

Enjoy Sunday.

This is our time.

Why didn't you just buy the ticket over the phone when you first got through?

Mt thoughts exactly

If you move away keep your ticket and find buyers every week this way you will still have access when you want it. Simple

Wafty Cranker said:
It wasn't even that hard to get tickets for this game back when they went on sale. I'm pretty sure then went on sale to blue members with ticket priority that had about 250 loyalty points.

I was able to get 2 tickets easily when the criteria reached 750 points. I'm sure there were tickets left when it went down as far as 250. There wasn't the demand back then because it seemed like we were out of it.

That said, I really feel for those genuine blues who are missing out on this one. I wish I could clear out the celebrity guestlist for Sunday and let more real fans in.

i got my son one as soon as they went on sale as he is in the blue member priority, i understand some people who are getting frustrated who cant be there and i agree there will be people in the stadium on sunday who havent been City fans for long but have spent a fortune on 1 ticket for 1 game

mgxsleck said:
greenie_34 said:
I've supported City ever since Robinho signed. I used to support United, but then Chelsea won the league so I tried them. I've got all the merchandise including a limited edition Gareth Barry pencil case. I surely deserve a ticket.

ERR mate! even if u did support Utd, don't fucking say that here. We don't care bout ur past but i worry u won t stick around during the toughest times.
U true blue? true blue till u die?

Whoa! What's wrong with this post? I've also supported a range of clubs in my time. Arsenal used to be great but they've gone a bit shit so it's city all the way now. Can't compete with the pencil case but having read up on here I've now got a "city til I'm dead" tattoo- that serious enough for you?
Never actually been up to the Theatre of Dreams before but luckily my dad is pretty rich and knows an old player, Franky Lee I think he's called. Anyway, he's sorted us all tickets for Sunday, it'll be great because my mum and has never been a football match before but she's hoping to see someone famous. Blue Moon!

cat_popcorn.png

i hate these thread "im a bigger blue than you"... your in the same boat as me, apart from i live 1 train ride away from the stadium.. thousands of other people wouldnt of even had a sniff of a ticket for this match

next best thing to do is go near the stadium im afraid

Johnsonontheleft said:
I may be shot down for this but I feel that though I can't get a ticket for QPR on Sunday, I deserve to be there. I've supported City for 30 years, a season ticket holder for most of the 90s but because of where I now live (200 miles away) and because I have 2 kids to look after I just can't have a season ticket, and because of this I can't go.

The amount of money and time I've ploughed into this club, when the chips were down and the crowd used to chant 'we're shit and we're sick of it' at Maine Road, makes me feel like I deserve a ticket more than some of the 'johnny-come-latelys' who haven't been through the same shit I have for so long. I was a junior blue, had my birthday parties at Maine Road, went to platt lane every week to collect autographs from the likes of Quinny and Tony Coton and Paul Lake. Scouts from City watched me as a kid but I wasn't good enough. I've had every kit since 1990.

I fluked a ticket for the FA cup final, but have been unsuccessful for this one. It kills me inside. I deserve to be there and certain others do not.

Does anyone else feel like this?

I'm welling up, have my ticket.

It wasn't that hard to get tickets when they came out. As has been said by another poster quite a few didn't bother as they thought we were out of the title race after losing at Arsenal. Now that we are back in it people want tickets. I have no sympathy for people like that who are glory hunters. Like has been said the OP wouldn't be moaning about not having a ticket if we had no chance of winning the league at this game.

LeeOnePen said:
mgxsleck said:
greenie_34 said:
I've supported City ever since Robinho signed. I used to support United, but then Chelsea won the league so I tried them. I've got all the merchandise including a limited edition Gareth Barry pencil case. I surely deserve a ticket.

ERR mate! even if u did support Utd, don't fucking say that here. We don't care bout ur past but i worry u won t stick around during the toughest times.
U true blue? true blue till u die?

Whoa! What's wrong with this post? I've also supported a range of clubs in my time. Arsenal used to be great but they've gone a bit shit so it's city all the way now. Can't compete with the pencil case but having read up on here I've now got a "city til I'm dead" tattoo- that serious enough for you?
Never actually been up to the Theatre of Dreams before but luckily my dad is pretty rich and knows an old player, Franky Lee I think he's called. Anyway, he's sorted us all tickets for

Sunday, it'll be great because my mum and has never been a football match before but she's

hoping to see someone famous. Blue Moon!

Are you for real?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.