The "I'm not going to the final" thread

St Helens Blue (Exiled)

Ok. Please tell me I am not on my own. Now I am 95% certain I won't be at wembley due to my wife going on a hen do In Leeds and I promised I would have the kids. The 5% possibility is dependent on the mother in law.

To say I am gutted is an understatement. I have been giving it "you go and have a loveley time" etc etc yest deep down I am really pissed off.

Looking at the kick off time and potential nightmares for getting home I am sort of happy I can at least watch it on tv but these are the days we have craved for so long and I am having to miss it. Sick as a chip..

Anyone else in my boat?

You're missing a Cup Final cos your missus is going on a hen night? Jebus mate, yer an absolute legend.
You know when the teams come out how pissed off your going to be right?

You're not alone mate. I'm exiled in the Midlands which basically means I don't get to enough games and I never accumulate the points to buy a ticket (which is fair enough). It just pisses me off the number of tickets that go to corporate and the fact that a lot of them don't turn up on the day.

I do fancy the idea of going up to City square and having a few pints whilst watching on the screen. I hope they're doing that this year

harrogateblue said:
You're missing a Cup Final cos your missus is going on a hen night? Jebus mate, yer an absolute legend.
You know when the teams come out how pissed off your going to be right?

Not because of the hen do.Because I have a 3 yr old and a 4 month old to look after and my normal childcare (mother in law) has a foster child that weekend. You are right however,pissed off isn't the word

I was in the same boat when we played Stoke, shit happens. Might not get a ticket for the Wigan final either but i made the semi so not all bad, just neck a few beers you'll be okay then.

I now live in the deep dark depths of Cornwall so I obviousl don't have a season ticket.

2 years ago vs stoke I was living in London so just turned up at Wembley and bought a ticket on the street off a fellow city fan...that was easy, not far to go etc. I'm considering doing the same this time though obviously from here it is going to ge s lit more difficult and it could be a completely wasted 6hr plus train journey etc.....

Still think.ill give it a go tho.

Pigeonho said:
My mate is having a 'final' party, hopefully get the BBQ running if the weather lets us. 12 oclock start, then onto the local afterwards.

Morning Pidge-I know what you are saying pal,but still not the same however I know my responsibilities..The wife has actually said "Al,just go if you want we will sort it" but I am thinking she is testing me...Still,big brownie points for me...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.