The "I'm not going to the final" thread

musters said:
Pussy,i have heard it all now!
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Ok. Please tell me I am not on my own. Now I am 95% certain I won't be at wembley due to my wife going on a hen do In Leeds and I promised I would have the kids. The 5% possibility is dependent on the mother in law.

To say I am gutted is an understatement. I have been giving it "you go and have a loveley time" etc etc yest deep down I am really pissed off.

Looking at the kick off time and potential nightmares for getting home I am sort of happy I can at least watch it on tv but these are the days we have craved for so long and I am having to miss it. Sick as a chip..

Anyone else in my boat?

I am not sure if you are being serious mate but calling me a pussy doesn't really help. I have 2 very young kids..What can I do...

musters said:
Pussy,i have heard it all now!
Ok. Please tell me I am not on my own. Now I am 95% certain I won't be at wembley due to my wife going on a hen do In Leeds and I promised I would have the kids. The 5% possibility is dependent on the mother in law.

To say I am gutted is an understatement. I have been giving it "you go and have a loveley time" etc etc yest deep down I am really pissed off.

Looking at the kick off time and potential nightmares for getting home I am sort of happy I can at least watch it on tv but these are the days we have craved for so long and I am having to miss it. Sick as a chip..

Anyone else in my boat?

I am not sure if you are being serious mate but calling me a pussy doesn't really help. I have 2 very young kids..What can I do...

Bring a large backpack and smuggle them in.

Pigeonho said:
My mate is having a 'final' party, hopefully get the BBQ running if the weather lets us. 12 oclock start, then onto the local afterwards.
is that your way of saying that you won't be going to the final either?

I definitily won't be going - My bloody wife's first cousin is getting married on that day in Reading.

My wife even suggested my son and I goto the game after the morning ceremony as long as we are back for the reception. But thats all tits up now as the game starts at 5:15 and the reception at 6:30.

I'll only get to watch the 1st half in the hotel. I've kindly donated my tickets to a friend of mine but am absolutely gutted.

Bought my house sometime ago in the knowledge that it would need a bit of work. Finally get round to it and it will cost £4k. As the work starts, it has uncovered the true extent of what a mess the house actually is and my £4k job has now escalated to nearer the £13k mark, consequently young Master Bow and I are very unlikely to be in attendance.

Gutted. Absolutely fucking gutted.

I am so gutted, booked a holiday with the missus to Sharm el Sheikh from the 6th till the 16th back in january. :(:(:(

you aren't alone, I wont be going for three reasons. The reduced allocation means I probably won't have the points, I'm a student and spent all my saves on the semi (assuming if we'd gotten through I probably wouldn't be able to get to the final anyway) and I have a quants exam on the Tuesday afterwards. These days a hang-over lasts at least a day or two and I can't justify the loss of revision time unfortunately.

ah well, will still be watching on tele though, and hoping we lift the cup

The way I see it, if anyone's stupid or selfish enough to book weddings or other events on Cup Final Day, then they deserve no one to turn up. Eejits ! If your Mrs loved you, she wouldn't expect you to miss an FA Cup Final for a hen do. The woman !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.