The Invisible Man (Soriano) speaks...

franksinatra

Well-Known Member
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Messages
9,104
To be fair to him I have been saying he should engage more with fans so I can't be too critical when he does. But I was saying that for him, not for us. If he engages when thins are going well and gets credit, he can use that credit when times are tough. Cook and Mancini both did that well, and have been forgiven some pretty poor mistakes as a result. No point just churning out cheap PR when things aren't so good and your boss tells you to do it. Smacks of nothing but hypocrisy. And that was me trying not to be too critical .....

As for the speech, I have written many like that in my time and it was just a bit of waffle in front of a (presumably well-lubricated by then) friendly audience. In the cold light of day I am not sure it sounds so good. Trying to tie the daughter of a vicar into what he is doing now is a little weird. Not sure he "gets" being a fan. Not here anyway ....

No I do not think he does have any concept of being a fan. I love this club, I have no interest in NYC, Melbourne, Yokohoma or any other team. The actual thought that I would feel happy about NYC in any way, shape or form is laughable. The whole essence of being a fan is loyalty to one club badge. I actually pity any other clubs fans which is a 'little brother' , feeder club' of another side.

It sounded like a politicians speech. Providing soundbites about something we love and trying to relate it to something we will sadly become. Change City for the NHS and the globalisation of the club to efficiency drives and privatisation and you get the idea.
 

waspish

Well-Known Member
Joined
25 Jan 2009
Messages
42,306
Location
Blue Moon
Could of made a much better speech, for one could of said we eventual plan to extend the Etihad stadium to 80k and 60% of the seating season tickets will be a max of £570 the cheapest £299 plus match day tickets will be a max of £30 in that 60% of the ground also. The other 40% will be corporate.
 

blue b4 the moon

Well-Known Member
Joined
25 Feb 2005
Messages
31,189
Location
315
I'm dizzy from the spin.

So who were the 400 fans he met? Nobody on here was present or even knew about it?

I'd guess it was 400 corporate/moneymen.
 

Don't have an account?

Register now!
Top
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.