The JO loan deal.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
m_c_f_c davey said:
i think we should just cut our losses now, we all no jo is shite andeveton seem to be intrested. hopefully there is an option to buy at the end of the loan

I just don't agree with this. He's not shite, he just hasn't set the world on fire at City. He's not been worth the 19 million that's for sure but he still has potential. Confidence is essential for a striker and I think he had the confidence knocked out of him in the first half of the season for City. Anyone remember how poor Andy Cole was for the rags in his first season there? Couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo, how we laughed!! He could barely do wrong the season before at Newcastle banging in goals left right and centre. Eventually his confidence grew and he improved. I just don't think Jo will get another chance here which is a shame because he's only young and could potentially be decent.

yes but we bought him based on his performances in the russian league which in comparison imo is equivalant to our championship. when the rags bought cole they already had seen he can bang the goals in and so could afford him a few bad performances. jo is shite, has no first touch and has no pace.

I dont know what MH and GC where thinking about let him out on loan before negotiating a deal for lescott. Surely that would of been the thing to do if we want Lescott.

skybluekings said:
Cambridgeblue said:
And I do that mathS again if I were you.

Errrr. Its a singular case. So "math" was the correct choice...not "maths"

I'd do the "english" again if I were you :D

Everybody is wrong, and CambridgeBlue is correct.

Math is an American bastardisation of the English word maths.

Ask the gatekeepers of our language, the OED:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/maths?view=uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/maths?view=uk</a>

Moebius said:
mcigo said:
haha quality.
Failure.jpg

I think not.

Read again. We are not paying 66% of the wages, everton are according to whats been posted. Johnmc posted we were paying 66%. (and has said fair enough since)

People trying to make other people look stupid, how about you read the whole thread, unless you think everton paying 40k out of 60k is nearly is only 30% of the wage.

Maybe i can't read but where does johnmc say we are paying the 66%?

johnmc said:
Shooter 83 said:
He was on 60k here Everton are paying him around 40k so its hardly 70%.

Yeah hardly 70%. A full 3.3333% out.

Moebius said:
Cambridgeblue said:
And I do that mathS again if I were you.

learn2english.

Now that has made me laugh.

*shakes head at Moebius*

**Shakes head at myself and wishes i had read the next page before posting**

Fuck

Damocles said:
skybluekings said:
Errrr. Its a singular case. So "math" was the correct choice...not "maths"

I'd do the "english" again if I were you :D

Everybody is wrong, and CambridgeBlue is correct.

Math is an American bastardisation of the English word maths.

Ask the gatekeepers of our language, the OED:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/maths?view=uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/maths?view=uk</a>

I guess we're both right then

der-bomber said:
Everton are paying ALL his wages, in return for there being no ''loan fee'' ,so basically he is off the books for 12 months.

Now THAT would make sense

der-bomber said:
Everton are paying ALL his wages, in return for there being no ''loan fee'' ,so basically he is off the books for 12 months.

That would also mean we would have the standard recall agreement in place if god forbid we had all 10 strikers"baconface" injured

PabZab said:
skybluekings said:
It would be absolutely absurd if City gave Everton, a direct competitor for 4th place, a £19m striker at no loan cost AND pay 70% of his wages.

Everton will be laughing all the way to the bank if this were true.

Unless we got a certain left footed centre back cheap.

If he performed like a £19m striker it would be absurd. The only ridiculous part of the whole saga is the amount we paid for him. To loan him out makes good sense until we can recover some of that money by getting rid. As someone aptly put it on here, the guy is a grinning clown, he's hopeless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.