"The Keeper"

Watched it this morning. Good film. Loved how they recreated Maine Road!

Was wondering from those who might know, how did the depiction of his signing for City, and the subsequent protests, measure up to what actually happened? I’m particularly interested at the extent of how toxic the atmosphere became at games.

Also was ‘Man City’ used as much at the time? Growing up in the 70’s, it was ‘City’ that was mainly used IIRC.

QbCLggWs.jpg

Remember his testimonial match like yesterday, fantastic atmosphere.

Full film:-

Watched it last night on YouTube.

One of the best movies I’ve ever seen. And I don’t say that to get attention. Just an incredible story.

So glad they included one of Noel’s finest efforts at the end. Perhaps his best to be honest.

Watched it this morning. Good film. Loved how they recreated Maine Road!

Was wondering from those who might know, how did the depiction of his signing for City, and the subsequent protests, measure up to what actually happened? I’m particularly interested at the extent of how toxic the atmosphere became at games.

Also was ‘Man City’ used as much at the time? Growing up in the 70’s, it was ‘City’ that was mainly used IIRC.

I wasn’t born but from what I’ve read they depicted it accurately.

Can’t comment on the “Man City” bit, they’ve likely just added that as that’s what the general public refers to us as.

good film, don't know whether it's intended but Trautmann comes across as an arrogant dick which, when they try and heap the sympathy on him later on doesn't really click.

Just pissy that The Reader was released a decade earlier and David Kross doesn't look a day older, some genetics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.