The Kennedys

mackenzie

Always thought one of the younger ones would come back to try and get the Presidency. After all, they were very power hungry.
I know John's son went into journalism and then died young but what about Bobby's tribe? Bloody loads of them (and I know some of them died young too) but I always thought at least one of them would be there or thereabouts now.

Loads of them have been in politics. Robert Kennedy Jr was a Congressman for years. Patrick Kennedy, son of Edward likewise . Joe Kennedy III, grandson of Robert Kennedy recently gave up a congressional seat to run for Senator but lost in the recent election.

Joseph seems like a good guy but he miscalculated on his Senate run. If a Kennedy can't win in Massachusetts they're not the one to be POTUS. There are some interesting people in the family who do a lot of charitable work though so the family still has a positive impact.

Joseph seems like a good guy but he miscalculated on his Senate run. If a Kennedy can't win in Massachusetts they're not the one to be POTUS. There are some interesting people in the family who do a lot of charitable work though so the family still has a positive impact.
I think Joseph was the one I remember being touted as " one to watch" about 30 years back. Was he a lawyer at one point?
I just wonder about the Kennedys....so many grandchildren, but none seemingly willing to really to go for it again.
Maybe old Joe's influence got diluted after his death. Or maybe the grandchildren saw the cost of "success" and decided against it.

Maybe some sort of semi hereditary elevation of people because of their parentage might not always produce people who want to be in power or who are fit to hold such office.

A bit rich given the incumbent of the highest office for the last 4 years, I grant you.

Always thought one of the younger ones would come back to try and get the Presidency. After all, they were very power hungry.
I know John's son went into journalism and then died young but what about Bobby's tribe? Bloody loads of them (and I know some of them died young too) but I always thought at least one of them would be there or thereabouts now.
Maybe the 'brand' carries a bit of baggage as well as opening doors?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.