The Kennedys

Maybe the 'brand' carries a bit of baggage as well as opening doors?
Don't disagree with that, yet in a 2013 poll Kennedy received a better rating on his abilities as president compared to every other. Maybe other factors played into that (not being able to fulfill potential because of a life cut short can lead to rose tinted glasses), and of course it wasn't looking at the baggage (of which there was loads).
After Bobby died and Teddy was tainted with Chappaquiddick I'm still surprised we have never had another Kennedy of the next generation in a serious tilt at the presidency.

Don't disagree with that, yet in a 2013 poll Kennedy received a better rating on his abilities as president compared to every other. Maybe other factors played into that (not being able to fulfill potential because of a life cut short can lead to rose tinted glasses), and of course it wasn't looking at the baggage (of which there was loads).
After Bobby died and Teddy was tainted with Chappaquiddick I'm still surprised we have never had another Kennedy of the next generation in a serious tilt at the presidency.
Why though? None of the grandchildren were old enough to be in a position or office to try for it until now really. Some were congressmen in the 2000s but the party was Obama's. Prior to that the obvious candidate was always John Kerry throughout the Bush terms. Nothing to be surprised out I dont think

Why though? None of the grandchildren were old enough to be in a position or office to try for it until now really. Some were congressmen in the 2000s but the party was Obama's. Prior to that the obvious candidate was always John Kerry throughout the Bush terms. Nothing to be surprised out I dont think
I was referring to Joe and Rose's grandchildren, many born in the 1960s so probably at least mid 50s or older now. Bobby's children particularly (although I know at least 2 died early). Hope I was clear on that, possibly not (the next generation seem to be going into the arts, in some shape or form).
Your comment "the party was Obama's" intrigues me. Would that have excluded some? Genuine question, just like to understand how American politics and machinations might be different from ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.