The Key The Secret - beating Chelsea...

tolmie's hairdoo

The greatest midfield performance of its type, from a City player I have seen in thirty years...

And that was up against Mikel, Essien, Ballack and Lampard.

Forget formations, full backs, if you have no air, you cannot breathe...

Nigel, once more cometh with the footballing midfield gods of yesteryear, coursing through your very veins..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lYRNEfFDw0[/youtube]

Only a truly spoiled or bitter/jaded or unusually biased City fan could have an agenda against De Jong, considering the amount of good games he has had for us. One of our most consistent and effective players for a long time now. We would have lost the Chelsea game without him probably.

kippaxblue76 said:
So you dont think he is vital to the team the way we set up?

Depends on the opposition.

People like to rate him as world class on here because he doesnt take all the plaudits so it makes them seem to think they "know about football" if they champion him. He has good games and bad games like others but on bluemoon to most he can do no wrong.

If we win it is down to him shielding the defence so well, if we lose it is down to others not defending properly as he did his job perfectly.

johnmc said:
i see skies of blue said:
Some in the media may call him a "thug", well I say I'm glad he's "our" thug! :p

Seriously though - one of our most consistent, yet by some underrated, players.

And by others overrated

Whether you think he's overrated or not surely you can't deny that his performance against Chelsea at home last season was absolutely outstanding?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.