The King is Dead, Long Live the King !

cptaidan88 said:
Clearly things could have been dealt with better (obvious understatement).

Firstly we are not Chelsea. I think I am right in saying he was the 4th longest serving manager in the league. Feel free to correct me, the precise position is irrelevant to the point that this was not knee-jerk.

I would have happily continued with Mancini for next season but it is clear from the outside looking in that he has lost important elements of the dressing room. I don't think we are aware to what extent it had deteriorated yet either. I await those stories over the next few weeks.

Some of my sympathy for him is lost (but not all) in remembering the circumstances in which he took over. Whilst the suggestion of him being in the stadium is false, he had agreed to take over whilst Hughes was still in charge. Whilst we had drawn too many games, we had only lost twice and got to a semi final for the first time in my lifetime. Had Hughes not earned the right to see the season out? Well in my opinion no, but there are comparable similarities between then and now. In the end the board made the right decision.

Why do many feel they deserve the right to argue with this decision? You can argue we wouldnt have won the FA Cup in 2011, or the League last year without Mancini but I offer you a 100% guarantee we wouldnt have won them without Sheik Mansour. Without him we may not exist. I have 100% trust in him and the board to make the right decision and if they believe this is the way forward, I support it fully. Some comments on here are preposterous.

Mancini has contributed in providing me with some of the best moments of my life and that can never be taken away. He has my eternal gratitude and admiration and I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Stop flapping. More amazing memories will come.
Agree with most of that, but would say that just because Sheikh Mansour is extraordinarily wealthy, and has been extraordinarily good for MCFC, that doesn't mke him immune from criticism. But I don't think he has made a mistake here

cptaidan88 said:

Firstly we are not Chelsea. I think I am right in saying he was the 4th longest serving manager in the league. Feel free to correct me, the precise position is irrelevant to the point that this was not knee-jerk.

I would have happily continued with Mancini for next season but it is clear from the outside looking in that he has lost important elements of the dressing room. I don't think we are aware to what extent it had deteriorated yet either. I await those stories over the next few weeks.

Some of my sympathy for him is lost (but not all) in remembering the circumstances in which he took over. Whilst the suggestion of him being in the stadium is false, he had agreed to take over whilst Hughes was still in charge. Whilst we had drawn too many games, we had only lost twice and got to a semi final for the first time in my lifetime. Had Hughes not earned the right to see the season out? Well in my opinion no, but there are comparable similarities between then and now. In the end the board made the right decision.

Why do many feel they deserve the right to argue with this decision? You can argue we wouldnt have won the FA Cup in 2011, or the League last year without Mancini but I offer you a 100% guarantee we wouldnt have won them without Sheik Mansour. Without him we may not exist. I have 100% trust in him and the board to make the right decision and if they believe this is the way forward, I support it fully. Some comments on here are preposterous.

Mancini has contributed in providing me with some of the best moments of my life and that can never be taken away. He has my eternal gratitude and admiration and I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Good post.

SWSB said:
why is it players play for some managers and not others.And us fans have to suffer as a result?

You have to feel for them mate, they have a terrible job where they work long hours and get paid meager salaries. Who could work in those conditions?

Impeccable One said:
Don't want to start another Mancini/Manager thread, but want to look on the bright side.

Will our new manager, who ever he is;
- get the best from Dzeko
- get consistency from Silva, Nasri & Yaya
- get Aguero back to his best
- convince Tevez his future is at City
- get a pot of money for some marque signings

Anything else ?
Most likely new manager will be better than Mancini. That is not that much hard to achieve.

MSP said:
uwe282828 said:
President set. Bunch of wankers..the fans will vent there fury,these Arabs haven't seen our nasty side yet.watch them squirm.god help the new manager because he's going to get a rough ride.

Disgraceful.
Agreed. It's reprehensible on every level. There's no need for that kind of nonsense.<br /><br />-- Mon May 13, 2013 8:57 pm --<br /><br />
Jaques said:
Impeccable One said:
Don't want to start another Mancini/Manager thread, but want to look on the bright side.

Will our new manager, who ever he is;
- get the best from Dzeko
- get consistency from Silva, Nasri & Yaya
- get Aguero back to his best
- convince Tevez his future is at City
- get a pot of money for some marque signings

Anything else ?
Most likely new manager will be better than Mancini. That is not that much hard to achieve.
This on the other hand... Wow. Yeah. It'll be super easy to do better than taking a team that hasn't won a trophy in 35 years and leading them to the two biggest domestic titles in the world.

cptaidan88 said:

Best post ive read all day.

Completely agree, thanks bobby but it was time to say goodbye.

Im excited to see the two barca chaps work their magic now.

T

The start of a new era, which i'm excited about.

I can't wait, the freedom the players wanted and they now have.

Let the Barca men do their thing, let a new manager come in and does his stuff.

IMO with the right man brought in, i believe this will only stabilise and not destabilise the team.

uwe282828 said:
President set. Bunch of wankers..the fans will vent there fury,these Arabs haven't seen our nasty side yet.watch them squirm.god help the new manager because he's going to get a rough ride.

I think he will get thre years which seems to be the norm and if he does he will have done well

He will get time because of the Barca chaps

The rest of your post is shite and yes i am gutted Bobby went and i wanted him to stay but posting that shit is just plain wrong

stonie said:
Its truly shit what's happened to the manager and we've enjoyed a descent three years with him but a dessision has been made and he is gone, I like Bobby manc and wish him well but we as a club must move on as one and hope the new manager is the right one to move us to the next level, its a fookin ruthless game at the top and the top is where we wanna get back to so here is hoping the new man is the right man....long live the king....

We were indeed enjoying a descent three years.. and we had descended as far as I wanted to go, with the team unable to get prepared for an FA Cup final. Thankfully, we've reached the bottom and the new king can help us rise up again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.