The Kippax - Who misses it?

ANY1aBLUE said:
gio's side step said:
mcfc20kippax.jpg

5426336864_bc041943d2.jpg

http://m1.ikiwq.com/img/xl/YJKyQdJrDDNGlAlSC0x47d.jpg[img]

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3347/3557457042_b72fdd141e.jpg

I miss it......................

Top picture is the 81 semi at villa park. It's The Holte End. I was there! Great picture though.

Just above the tunnel, Platt Lane side. Remember one match some old geezers false teeth flew out when he was celebrating a goal. He had everyone around him scrabbling round looking for them but they were nowehere to be seen

At the next home match somebody turned up with his gnashers. Apparently when he got home he'd found them in his hood!!

LongsightM13 said:
Watching the Charlton game and the 5-1 on the Kippax were two of the greatest experiences of my life.
But even an otherwise drab and unremarkable game could be enlivened and made memorable by some random blue ballooning or coming out with a killer one-liner.
And even before I was old enough to be allowed to go on my own, and if my old man hadn't taken me, the roar of the Kippax when City scored would carry all the way across Platt Fields and Birchfields parks and into our backyard in Longsight, where I'd be normally be kicking a ball about and waiting for Piccadilly Radio to catch up with their "It's A Goal" jingle.

I was at both those games too. They were surreal days, very warm too. I reckon there was close to 60k in the ground for the Charlton game, the Kippax was rammed. It could hold a lot more than the advertised amount!

The 10-1 was also memorable. A bloke in front of us got booted out at 0-0 for something I can't recall. He came back in later. I think it was 7-0 by that time. His mates slaughtered him.

A great stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.