The Kippax - Who misses it?

Used to love that jingle, the excitement welling up inside you as you waited to hear which ground the goal was at !

Didn't they have an "Oh no" one as well ?

Santiago Street . said:
Used to love that jingle, the excitement welling up inside you as you waited to hear which ground the goal was at !

Didn't they have an "Oh no" one as well ?
Yeah, when that one came on you'd be praying it was the rags

1.618034 said:
Maine Road was never the same after they replaced the Kippax Stand. I stopped going for a few years because I couldn't stand up any more. Pissed me right off. Only went to a handful of games there after that, it made me too sad.

I was actually really glad when we moved to the bright, shiny and new Eastlands, because it was a fresh start... It reminded me of the scene in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest where Chief puts the lobotomised McMurphy out of his misery... Sad but it was for the best.

my thoughts exactly (never met a deef chief before),to those who have only known all-seaters,it's impossible to describe the atmosphere of the big old stands.

gio's side step said:
[bigimg]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6010/maineroadkippax4ra.jpg[/bigimg]
5426336864_bc041943d2.jpg

http://m1.ikiwq.com/img/xl/YJKyQdJrDDNGlAlSC0x47d.jpg[img]

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3347/3557457042_b72fdd141e.jpg
That little white wall with a bar on the top about half way down was prime seats for the school kids. We used to get there as soon as the turnstiles opened to claim a seat on there.

I miss it, especially when we scored getting carried along with the crowd. I also think it helped with atmosphere as you could stand with your mates near the singing. I dont miss when someone farted and you couldnt get away from it. In those days with the bovril and pies we served some of those smells were rancid.

marco said:
gio's side step said:
I still see people who stood near me on the Kippax. Some who I never spoke to. But would recognise anywhere. Saw one lady in the Green Man who used to stand a bugs dick away from me on the Kippax.

we all had our own places on the kippax!

S'cuse me pal. This is my spot.
I dont see your name on it.
You'll see your face on it if you don't shift.

I stood on the half way line-1st barrier from the front for many years. Alice and Stan used to bring a flask and we had a cup of tea at half time. Apart from that, I never knew anything else about them.

I knew everyone I stood next too really well but never met any away outsid the ground or socially. I miss the people not the stand.

After walking up the steps, I would pause and look around at my home. COM is now the place, its not the same, but its our new home.

i miss it, big time
3/4 way up on the half way line.
Pre-match was brilliant as each player had their name sung in turn and the opposition villains got their ritual abuse during the warm ups. nowadays everyone in the bars and I think the atmosphere never gets going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.