The Kippax

Traveled up with a couple of mates from worcestershire in 1987 to buy tickets for the league cup Qf against Everton.
we asked if we could take a look around the ground and were told no problem the side gate is open but keep
off the waterlogged areas of the pitch and took these photos
You lucky bastard. My boss sent me to pick up some tickets off Stan Gibson, I walked in as you could do then and saw Stan on the pitch so I walked towards him. I got a huge bollocking. No one was allowed on his pitch. You got to stand in the goals the lot. I presume Stan was on holiday :-)

I was in the company of an ex city manager and I’ll share this on here when he spoke about the ground redevelopment. At a board meeting it was literally a toss up on redeveloping the kippax or spending what money we had on signing a young Portuguese lad … who was called Loui Figo …true story that . He was adamant on how close we were to getting him.

City had a much lower attendance the previous season in a mid-week match against Middlesbrough with 8,053 there.

I was at both matches and at the Swindon game too. I couldn't get a ticket for York away mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.