The Labour Government

As I recall, the Labour Party constitution always spoke of workers 'by hand or brain'.

On that basis, you could be a Professor at Oxford and still be 'working class'. I don't recall any reference to employment status either. So I don't believe the self-employed were ruled out.

It's rather sad that this country is still obsessed by class in 2024. It's the root of many of our societal problems. It seems to spring from a very common desire to benchmark oneself against others. And, by the way, working-class snobbery exists too, and always has. The desire to look down on others is not restricted to any particular class.

You summed it up perfectly.
The politics of the left: Envy. Spite & hate. The type of working class hero who would rather level down rather than level up. Who believes that working class people shouldn’t have aspirations. The type of person who fails to realise that working class people don’t want to be working class. Small minded ideas from a small minded person.
And oh… you are on ignore. Enjoy the weather and have a nice day.
I thought putting someone on ignore meant that…you ignored them. Yet here you are.

Maybe your education wasn’t that great. I’d be asking for a refund.

But it's Hurst Green!

Oxted has some nice parts and some very nice parts - I used to live in the next village along, Hurst Green generally isn't one of them.

I won't argue that it's still rather nicer than many places.
Anything posher than a cardboard box in Doncaster means it couldn’t possibly house a working class family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.