The Labour Government

Hahahaha. "Normal working people" would have been nice.
I would have thought that the group he mentioned covers quite a large % of the working population. They are "normal working people" are they not? Some of them are public employees, others not so. It gives a broad brush indication that in the long run, after some pain, things will get better. It is in ALL of our interests that a government is successful, no matter what colour banner they are under. It's also wotrth remembering that the audience was made up of "normal working people" that he had met during the campaign, in particular a numer of apprentices.

I don't have an issue with better public services and everyone having to chip in a bit more to pay for them. My grave concern is that the government cannot run a piss up in a brewery and most of the extra money taken off people will be wasted for little or no discernable gain.

And I also fear that some people who are not expecting it, are going to be very significantly worse off. The inheritance tax limit is currently £325k, plus up to £175k more if you are leaving your house to your kids. And then double that if you are a surviving spouse, since the deceased spouse passes their £500k to the survivor.

I suspect they are going to mess with this significantly. And MANY people at end of life own a house worth more than £325k.
If anything I always thought “death” tax should go up as you say house prices have significantly risen

Nobody from the press invitees asking him about the multiple stabbings, acid attacks and hundreds of arrests at the Notting Hill Carnival this weekend.
On average there are 41 knife crimes and stabbings in London PER DAY. It would seem that whilst bad for those involved, the carnival doesn't significantly, if at all, increase the normal numbers.

People have short memories, so some will have forgotten how Gordon Brown introduce 100+ stealth taxes, making everyone worse off, such is Labour's thirst for spending. And they did that during a period of world-wide economic growth.

Labour have only been in a few weeks and already they are softening us up for tax rises, having berated the Tories for years about taxes being too high. No-one believes this lie about a "suprise" £22bn black hole. At least no-one who isn't brainwashed.

I don't have an issue with better public services and everyone having to chip in a bit more to pay for them. My grave concern is that the government cannot run a piss up in a brewery and most of the extra money taken off people will be wasted for little or no discernable gain.

And I also fear that some people who are not expecting it, are going to be very significantly worse off. The inheritance tax limit is currently £325k, plus up to £175k more if you are leaving your house to your kids. And then double that if you are a surviving spouse, since the deceased spouse passes their £500k to the survivor.

I suspect they are going to mess with this significantly. And MANY people at end of life own a house worth more than £325k.
Bit too soon to suggest Labour couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery and they will waste extra income

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.