The Labour Government

I do wonder how many people opposing this on here smoke tobacco and how many opposue it because its nanny state and ultimately Starmer and don't actually care a jot about the health issues
I wonder how many supporting this on here don't smoke and support it because they only care about a nanny state if it affects them and because they support Starmer and don't actually care about other health issues.

Piece a piss this.

You were warned that this would result in huge hypocrisy .

I wonder how many supporting this on here don't smoke and support it because they only care about a nanny state if it affects them and because they support Starmer and don't actually care about other health issues.

Piece a piss this.

You were warned that this would result in huge hypocrisy .

How are they going to enforce these silly bans? Society is pretty much lawless any how isn't it?

Government will get brave because the up and coming vapers with be taxed to death picking up any shortfall so they think.

They have already lined the replacement tax up, vapes will cost more and more as they phase out ciggie smokers.

Smoking is taxed more than vaping in the UK, as smoking is subject to both tobacco duty and VAT, while vaping is only subject to VAT:

• Smoking
    A packet of 20 cigarettes is taxed with tobacco duty, ad valorem, and VAT. The average price of a packet of 20 cigarettes increased to £14.39 in 2023, and is expected to increase to around £16 in October 2026.

• Vaping
    Vaping products are only subject to the standard 20% VAT rate. However, a new bill is proposed that would introduce a duty on vaping products based on the amount of nicotine in the liquid. The proposed duty would be:
    • £1 per 10ml for nicotine-free liquids

• £2 per 10ml for liquids that contain 0.1-10.9mg

• £3 per 10ml for liquids that contain 11mg or more
Every tax has to be replaced, wait until pay per mile comes in, the shit really will hit the fan, they are losing around £6 billion a year from EVs in fuel duty and that’s only going to rise.

How are they going to enforce these silly bans? Society is pretty much lawless any how isn't it?

Government will get brave because the up and coming vapers with be taxed to death picking up any shortfall so they think.
Well there are approximately 27,000 pubs with beer gardens in the Uk. I’m guessing they will recruit approximately 50,000 new police officers and one will be present in every beer garden from opening time until closing time.
5 years in prison for lighting up should do the trick. Let’s face it there’s nothing else unlawful going on that needs policing is there?

But what about those whose mental health and general health be made even more worse due to becoming forced social outcasts even more.

Banning things doesn't automatically help those that need it most, and allowing smokers an area to smoke in the company of others who are accepting of it doesn't mean forcing their habit on others.

plenty of pubs now have designated area and no smokong areas in beer gardens, a complete ban won't necessarily mean someone will give up, but does ostracise them even more from society.

Just seems.starmer has found a now minor issue to be puritanicl about, I don't drive and don't want to breathe in car fumes, imagine if we baned cars in urban areas, which will be just as helpful for our health, no one would stand for it as the majority drive.
Choking kids in a beemer is a necessity though whilst smokers needn't seek out the nearest child and blow their fumes directly into young Johnny's mush.

I mean he doesn't even want to be there but his parents have the right to bring their kids up as they see fit. If that means having them sat at a table watching everyone get pissed as farts that's fine. It's the only way they can understand how they should act as they get older.

I suppose the parents could have taken him to a park but they don't sell cider there.

Bloody smokers, smoking outside ruining our pissed up with the kids weekend.

Oy Johnny I'm off to the bar do you want another full fat coke? Good. Crisps? Okay

Last packet though we are getting a kebab on the way home.

No issue at all with Labour trying to ban smoking in other outdoor spaces like pub gardens. It's filthy as fuck, if you want to smoke, do so in the privacy of your home and don't infect others (including young children) with your habit.

Well there are approximately 27,000 pubs with beer gardens in the Uk. I’m guessing they will recruit approximately 50,000 new police officers and one will be present in every beer garden from opening time until closing time.
5 years in prison for lighting up should do the trick. Let’s face it there’s nothing else unlawful going on that needs policing is there?
Alternatively, a landlord can throw out any selfish wanker that lights up and doesn't abide by the prospective new rules.

Alternatively, a landlord can throw out any selfish wanker that lights up and doesn't abide by the prospective new rules.

Just throw out the scruffy parents who can't do without a drink and have to infest a pub with their children.

Jobs a good 'un, no need for being a moralising arsehole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.