The Labour Government

I see 3 of Rachel Thieves 4 key advisors are wanting to means test the state pension.
Staggering.
Now whilst it is lime limited (24 years for the average UK worker), it is a contract with British workers - if you pay NI contributions for 35 years you get it.
So removing it is tantamount to breaking a contract with tge British pdople.
Oh and it is means tested, in that it counts as income towards your income tax payment calculation as income. Oh and by 2027 you will pay tax on the base amount if personal allowances don't rise with inflation.
Jack Jones, former TGWU union leader, who fought for pension rights later in his life, will be turning in his grave.
That would be their poll tax if they did that, work placed pensions would drop off as everyone uses the money elsewhere, he’ll use it towards buying a house if you can afford it, then downsize and use that as an asset later in life, unless of course they start looking at bank balances, although a nice Cayman Islands one couldn’t be looked at.

Alternatively, a landlord can throw out any selfish wanker that lights up and doesn't abide by the prospective new rules.
He could stop some of his best customers from drinking an addictive poison because they were smoking an addictive poison outside I agree.
And then they can drink and smoke outside somewhere else. Fortunately pubs make that much it matters not, phew.

Must be the selfish wankers dragging their kids there propping them up. The non smoking ones.

A lot of landlords smoke though come to think about it. Bloody hell double up chaps he will spend half his time stood on the other side of the road.

Wind permitting.

He could stop some of his best customers from drinking an addictive poison because they were smoking an addictive poison outside I agree.
And then they can drink and smoke outside somewhere else. Fortunately pubs make that much it matters not, phew.

Must be the selfish wankers dragging their kids there propping them up. The non smoking ones.

A lot of landlords smoke though come to think about it. Bloody hell double up chaps he will spend half his time stood on the other side of the road.

Wind permitting.
Ah but the difference is if someone wants to assault their kidneys with alcohol they're not assaulting anyone else's, are they? And parents don't drag their kids to a pub to get pissed, at least not the ones I know. They take them to the pub for a meal.

And the landlords who smoke probably do so in a private room, no?

Labour 2024:
Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!

I think I have recently made the biggest mistake in my life!
Nothing can be worse than the Rishi and Hunt show thought I.
The pretend manifesto looked good and even stacked up...
Promises had been made in Parliament outside of the manifesto...
My, how I chortle at my decision to use a cross on a piece of paper as a weapon.
It's looking more like slashing my own wrists with every passing day.

Last edited:
Ah but the difference is if someone wants to assault their kidneys with alcohol they're not assaulting anyone else's, are they? And parents don't drag their kids to a pub to get pissed, at least not the ones I know. They take them to the pub for a meal.

And the landlords who smoke probably do so in a private room, no?
Do you mind if I ask what your age is?

No issue at all with Labour trying to ban smoking in other outdoor spaces like pub gardens. It's filthy as fuck, if you want to smoke, do so in the privacy of your home and don't infect others (including young children) with your habit.
Of course it’s bad health wise, but the knock on effect could be enormous. Lots of pubs, restaurants and cafe may end up closing because of this.

Rusholme for instance is full of outdoor shisha bars.

But then how on earth do they enforce it? Large numbers of younger people like to vape now, how do you stop someone using that outside a pub or similar.

Really we should have a choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.