The Labour Government

Electric Arc Furnaces don't make high grade steel as you state they just recycle scrap steel. The steel simply isn't as good. If we all have surplus steel why are all the other G14 nations keeping their blast furnace capacity?

The only other blast Furnace is at Scunthorpe and there are advanced plans to close that aswell. So we will lose all primary steel making capacity.

Yes, I agree it’s still shit, just saying there still will be some steel production.

I haven’t properly looked into the economics of it in terms of the value case but like I said, I’d always advocate for primary steel production too.

Electric Arc Furnaces don't make high grade steel as you state they just recycle scrap steel. The steel simply isn't as good. If we all have surplus steel why are all the other G14 nations keeping their blast furnace capacity?

The only other blast Furnace is at Scunthorpe and there are advanced plans to close that aswell. So we will lose all primary steel making capacity.
Electric arc furnaces can produce high quality steels, they don't just recycle scrap they can produce steel every bit as good as a blast furnace if needed.

Remember the days when you wasn’t allowed to even mention the Labour Party because “they are not in power so who cares what they think”?

It’s Labours time and so far, not so fucking good.

Take your whataboutery to the Tory thread where you can “yeah but” to your hearts contents.

Remember the days when you wasn’t allowed to even mention the Labour Party because “they are not in power so who cares what they think”?

Take your whataboutery to the Tory thread where you can “yeah but” to your hearts contents.
Personally, apart from the WFA issue, I think they’ve been superb. Now getting rid of no-fault evictions and the disgusting act of huge increases in rents.

Keep it going Kier, party on Angie!

Build it, and they will come.

For myself I'm not affiliated to any party, although as a snotty nosed working class kid brought up in Hulme and Wythenshawe the Labour party should be my choice I guess. That would have probably held true years ago, not so.much today.

All I care about is any party elected firstly looks after the people living in this country. That's after all what they were elected to do.The old, the disabled and poor first. Also don't lie to get elected. Any party that makes this group of people's lives harder are cunts, be that labour or conservatives or any coalition party. Anybody who supports such measures that makes these people's lives harder are also cunts. No amount of whataboutery they spout to justify these measures makes them any less of a ****. A **** is a ****, be it labour, conservative or martian.

Progressed a bit since I last looked into it, cheers for posting.

Thought this was a good read too -

Progressed a bit since I last looked into it, cheers for posting.

Thought this was a good read too -

There are major issues. If it were that simple why are no other major countries ditching their remaining blast furnaces?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.