The Labour Government

I wouldn't defend his politics because he is just dead wrong imho but comparing a speech with a post on a forum is a tad silly.
It's usually a good sign someone has lost the argument and as you're on solid ground here there really is no need to go down that route.

*I haven't proof read this post even though I have fat thumb syndrome and also think ahead of my typing ability
It was a comment on his idiotic criticism of Rayner’s intelligibility using a barely intelligible post that struck me as ironic. Nothing to do with his politics which, as you say, are just bizarre.

How on earth can anything be expected of this Labour government if they've already said they are sticking to the previous government fiscal rules and spending targets??!?! It seems to me that Starmer's and Reeves only hope is that magic word 'growth' and yet not explaining how the majority of population would benefit from that without some serious redistribution plan. And I still need a politician to come out and explain how the average annual growth of 70s 'basket case Britain' was 3% and the last 14 years it was barely 1%.

Been pleasantly surprised by how swift and positive the new government has been so far. I voted Labour as I always have, but was a little cautious about how much things will change. Naturally it all has to happen still, but so far the policies announced have all felt so considered. It feels like we have actual grown ups back in charge and it's a good feeling. Hopefully it carries on.

It was a comment on his idiotic criticism of Rayner’s intelligibility using a barely intelligible post that struck me as ironic. Nothing to do with his politics which, as you say, are just bizarre.
I would have gone with Eton must be one shit school if we are comparing usefulness with qualifications.

About 27-28 committees to be filled, the chairs are divided according to the Commons divisions.

By rule, Public Accounts and Standards Committees will be 2 of those the Conservatives get as Opposition.
They only get 3 or 4 more, I think - exact numbers and selection to be confirmed after the Speaker's election.

I wonder who will be chasing those senior committee positions!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.