The Labour Government

House builders share prices have all gone up this morning, so I guess the majority won't be social housing
Labour can rewrite the "viability" rules that allow so many developers to avoid including "affordable" housing.

Rule 1: you can't avoid 30% affordable housing if your share price went up because of the Labour government's policies...

You really do have an attitude problem.

The thing that grows without immigration is the OADR.

I think the problems with never ending population growth have been covered so has the increasing number of elderly people.

I don't have an attitude problem I'm just averse to people posting really obvious stuff and therefore treating people like imbeciles. Most posters on here including yourself ain't stupid they just spend their lives deflecting away from the negatives of their point of view.

Expansion cannot go on forever people know that but they prefer someone else to deal with it long after it can inconvenience them no matter what damage it does in the meantime. Now that is a pretty shitty attitude so they kid themselves which is fine, just don't try it with me.

Shark. Jumped.

Worsley is on the Wum. I might not agree with his politics but he is more than capable of posting something sane but this certainly doesn't qualify. I reckon he's just very very fucked off with last week's result and he's still getting it out of his system.

I think the problems with never ending population growth have been covered so has the increasing number of elderly people.

I don't have an attitude problem I'm just averse to people posting really obvious stuff and therefore treating people like imbeciles. Most posters on here including yourself ain't stupid they just spend their lives deflecting away from the negatives of their point of view.

Expansion cannot go on forever people know that but they prefer someone else to deal with it long after it can inconvenience them no matter what damage it does in the meantime. Now that is a pretty shitty attitude so they kid themselves which is fine, just don't try it with me.

That's fine. But you don't practice what you preach. If you want to reduce the population you should have never had children. You should probably also make arrangements not to live to your full life expectancy or make use of the NHS or private medical care and prolong your life.

It's obviously an issue you care deeply about so show it through your actions.

Setting a target to build 1.5 million homes in this parliament and by changing planning so that the green belt can be built on (some always has ) by designating as Grey belt ( what ever that is) they will find that the nimbys & the eco/greens will tie up the courts and use direct action to try & stop these developments.
I'm assuming "grey belt" means "previously developed land in the green belt", as distinct from greenfield land not in the green belt.

The greenbelt is a nice idea, but unless you believe the fiction * that there are vast swathes of brownfield land in town centres waiting to be built on, it inevitably means that people will want to build on land outside the green belt (i.e. most of the country's farmland).

Stopping individual towns merging into one is arguably the primary function of green belt, and most towns didn't bother (that great metropolis of Bournemouth designated one), but there's no logical reason why it should be sacrosanct. Ideally, expand communities near a railway station.

* As a test, look at where industries have closed where you live. Do the sites have housing on? The main undeveloped sites in towns are the ones that need a lot of decontamination (as City were willing to do with the Clayton Aniline site with its purple soil...)

I get a bit cross with people on the edge of green belt with a massive land take for their large house with a big garden, and a double garage not used for any of the four cars, who insist that everyone else should live in high-density housing in urban centres.

1720439048589.png

Last edited:

We can more than cope with further population growth but the secondary impact of that is poorly misunderstood. There are people who bizarrely want more population growth but they also want less climate change and less destruction of the biosphere..

These two things are not compatible, further immigration and further growth WILL eventually destroy the natural world as it is now. It's already too late to save the natural world as it looked even 30 years ago because it has already gone and has been replaced by concrete.

That's fine. But you don't practice what you preach. If you want to reduce the population you should have never had children. You should probably also make arrangements not to live to your full life expectancy or make use of the NHS or private medical care and prolong your life.

It's obviously an issue you care deeply about so show it through your actions.
It's a nonsense argument because true change has to come from the collective, people have been protesting for decades and it still doesn't alter enough people's attitude. You expecting mass suicide of people that care so we are left with the ones that don't? Like I said people just make excuses.

Also you are completely wrong on my personal situation so I would suggest you don't try that one.

If you think my pithy summary with a link to a government report (which you may or may not have read) was "treating people like imbeciles" I take it you've never tried to teach anything to anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.