The Labour Government

I know.

Austerity 2.0 will have you bone hard and forgetting the last 14 years of you bemoaning austerity 1.0.

Fear not though, a few of us will be here to remind you of your past attitudes towards so called Tory policies.
I assume you believe the economy is not in a good state and therefore would like to ask you:

Why do you think Sunak bailed early and not stay in power till Nov?

If we have to face another period of austerity, isn’t that because the finances are so dire with a huge debt and public services needing better infrastructure and facilities?

would the Tories even have considered trying to fix the economy and improve services, if so how?

I know the Tories on here are looking for any opportunity to attack Labour as Labour posters attacked the Tory government, (and let’s be honest, the Tories gave everyone enough ammunition to see off the Russians), but until we see what’s in the budget and putting aside the white noise of clothes and tickets, you really only have the WFA, the rest is only speculation is it not?

If it's true that they're rowing back on the non dom status plan, then Starmer and Reeves are more duplicitous than I thought. Heaven forbid any left wing policies remain.

I’m not suggesting that workers facing real terms declines over such a prolonged period is a good thing. But as with all matters relating to relative growth rates, the start point is critical and I think simply comparing public and private sector pay growth since the coalition government came to power in 2010 provides an overly simplistic picture.

It provides quite a neat illustration of the political element.

I was reading on the BBC website last night that City top the list of freebie tickets - four 'n half grand, mostly to the Rt Hon MP for Ancoats 'n Platting Village, but the Dippers beat us if yer include Taylor Swift tickets. Sir Suits You Sir got freebies for last season's Arse game at the Etihad. I'd have bought him one myself for the season before!

If it's true that they're rowing back on the non dom status plan, then Starmer and Reeves are more duplicitous than I thought. Heaven forbid any left wing policies remain.
Labour’s proposed non-dom plan was poorly thought through, put ideology ahead of the reality of the situation and was always going to drive the wealthy out of the UK.

The fact that they’ve had to change it so soon simply highlights how poorly conceived it was.

Labour’s proposed non-dom plan was poorly thought through, put ideology ahead of the reality of the situation and was always going to drive the wealthy out of the UK.

The fact that they’ve had to change it so soon simply highlights how poorly conceived it was.
Their eyes fastened on those who have dosh and the envy and jealousy cloud the issue - much the same way with City 'n the rest of the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.