The Labour Party

The fact EVA are coming up on this thread shows that the tories con trick is working. Personally I can see both sides, I'm a driver and might be slightly irked by paying more or in a traffic jam due to traffic calming measures. But at the same time I see the bigger picture with the environment and pollution causing serious damage to children's health and the planet.
But this whole program was implimented by the government and now they are trying to blame labour councils. Its classic right wing populism politics do something controversial but popular and then blame the others. The amount of people who have fell for this is unreal, how thick some people are.

The main reason that there were so many Diesel cars in UK is that in 2001 the Gov decided in its wisdom that the C02 emissions were the be all and end all as Diesels are more fuel efficient the emissions per mile are lower hence the lower cost to tax. As we now know the NOX emissions are bad but these vehicles were produced and sold with a gov backed message that they were better for the environment.

NOX levels in new diesels are almost as good as new petrols and certainly better than older petrols so why are those petrol engines not being banned?

NOX levels in new diesels are almost as good as new petrols and certainly better than older petrols so why are those petrol engines not being banned?
Totally agree there is a case that when disposal of dead batteries and burning fossil fuel to charge EV's many ice engines are better for the environment, may be an idea to limit size and power to get even lower. My point is more about the pre Euro 6 engine owners being penalised for something out of there control surely if it is morally correct to assist with cladding on buildings that were compliant at time of building this is a similar situation?

Totally agree there is a case that when disposal of dead batteries and burning fossil fuel to charge EV's many ice engines are better for the environment, may be an idea to limit size and power to get even lower. My point is more about the pre Euro 6 engine owners being penalised for something out of there control surely if it is morally correct to assist with cladding on buildings that were compliant at time of building this is a similar situation?

Bingo.

Limit engine size, use GPS to control speed limits and of course make the choice to go EV or other new tech affordable but these blanket diesel vans are nothing but window dressing and a tax on motorists.

The fact EVA are coming up on this thread shows that the tories con trick is working. Personally I can see both sides, I'm a driver and might be slightly irked by paying more or in a traffic jam due to traffic calming measures. But at the same time I see the bigger picture with the environment and pollution causing serious damage to children's health and the planet.
But this whole program was implimented by the government and now they are trying to blame labour councils. Its classic right wing populism politics do something controversial but popular and then blame the others. The amount of people who have fell for this is unreal, how thick some people are.
Burnham:

"But this is the point, the dishonesty of this. It’s a national government policy and then you campaign against it.

“What you do is, you impose housing targets on local councils, then your councillors campaign against the green belt level take at local level.

“You cut councils in their budget then you campaign against council tax rises when councils have no other choice but to do that.

″You impose this directive on clean air, then you walk about saying ’scrap the clean air zone."

Two day suspension for bullying?

Just resign you stupid man. This fool should have been told to leave front line politics many years ago for his idiotic letter to his successor at the treasury.

Reactions: mat

Can't imagine what she thinks will be gained from this contribution. Does she think there's a chance for her and Corbyn to regain some sort of power within the party?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.