The Labour Party

On a lighter note

I thought Corbyn was an electoral liability when he was leader but if I lived in Islington I’d definitely vote for him in a GE standing as an independent. He’s a fucking good constituency MP. We need far more MPs like that and less party yes-men. 650-odd would be ideal.

It is almost certain Labour will win the next election, almost as certain is they will lose the one after. They seem to think they can increase taxes from those who have worked all their lives to fund the benefits for those who never worked, and make it more difficult for employers to recruit potential employees. The Tories might be a minority party by then but the Reform party might become the main opposition, the Lib Dems are, as usual, lost in the middle, and the Greens won’t make any progress at all, given the current economic situation, frankly all this is depressing, but I made my mind up years ago to just go with the flow.

Which part of the clip suggests that?

Sounds to me like she says they're not going to listen to Mandelson, and the deal they've agreed with the Unions is vital to their plans.
We will continue to discuss the plan, isn't reasuring, seems like the original pledge is up for change, mandelsons comments seem to re-enforce that.

We will continue to discuss the plan, isn't reasuring, seems like the original pledge is up for change, mandelsons comments seem to re-enforce that.
I read recently that, despite showing up constantly to Labour events, Starmer hadn't exchanged more than pleasantries with Mandelson for nearly a year.

Not seen any real evidence that he's weedled his way in, which he clearly is trying to do. The man's addicted to power, and probably sees an opportunity to boost his own wealth, but what he says isn't Labour policy.

I read recently that, despite showing up constantly to Labour events, Starmer hadn't exchanged more than pleasantries with Mandelson for nearly a year.

Not seen any real evidence that he's weedled his way in, which he clearly is trying to do. The man's addicted to power, and probably sees an opportunity to boost his own wealth, but what he says isn't Labour policy.

Should have been expelled tbh. Associating with a convicted nonce is a clear example of bringing the party into disrepute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.