The Labour Party

I like her a lot but I thought Rachel Reeves wasted a good opportunity on her Rest is Politics interview.

Alastair Campbell and Rory Stewart are about as friendly softball interviewers as she’s likely to find but she came over quite defensive and robotic, which was a shame.

Labour will get in but someone will have to powerwash them weekly because soiling themselves is what they do best.

Imagine if the Labour party all sung from the same hymn page?

I like her a lot but I thought Rachel Reeves wasted a good opportunity on her Rest is Politics interview.

Alastair Campbell and Rory Stewart are about as friendly softball interviewers as she’s likely to find but she came over quite defensive and robotic, which was a shame.

I am not sure what the issue is with her. Maybe it is, in part, because she appears to be more of a technocrat rather than politician and due to Labour not 'carrying the Ming vase over the newly polished floor'.

Must admit, I find it hard to warm to her.

I am not sure what the issue is with her. Maybe it is, in part, because she appears to be more of a technocrat rather than politician and due to Labour not 'carrying the Ming vase over the newly polished floor'.

Must admit, I find it hard to warm to her.
Being a bean counting technocrat isn't exactly a bad thing when it comes to being chancellor. Gordon Brown wasn't exactly 'warm' either, but was bloody good at his job.

I just think that on that podcast with a friendly audience she could've opened up a bit more rather than repeat her speaking points, but I understand why she did it that way.

Being a bean counting technocrat isn't exactly a bad thing when it comes to being chancellor. Gordon Brown wasn't exactly 'warm' either, but was bloody good at his job.

I just think that on that podcast with a friendly audience she could've opened up a bit more rather than repeat her speaking points, but I understand why she did it that way.

Don't get me wrong. I would rather have a Government full of technocrats. I have far more faith in her than any other Chancellor post Alistair Darling. I mean I just cannot warm to her as a person. She's a bit cold. Just an observation rather than suggesting she is not right for the job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.