The Lack of Atmosphere

I'll add my thoughts later about the atmosphere.

However, noticed the first set of fans leaving quickly up the Kippax steps with *17 minutes* to go. Then the trickle became a constant stream.

Even Cundy on Talkshite noticed all the empty seats towards the end of the match, even though it was still in the balance.

But, *17 minutes* to go. Seriously, don't bother coming!

For me the club are trying to do to much. Less is more

It seems we have a group of people doing stuff in the square and then a group doing stuff in the stadium. Seems to be no link or direction in my opinion.

We have to stop having blue moon twice before kick off its so EMBARRASSING ! Once is enough. Lets have some other city songs. The guy with the guitar is really good but we dont need it every game.

Music is a mood enhancer and the music we play at the club before kick off is not appropriate. The club are trying to be to cool with their music selection. Play city tracks, simple. Whilst im on this matter stop changing the music the players come out to. Brainbug track served us well.

What happend to the family stand activities / buzz ? Nothing going on anymore.

What happend to the stand banter ? lets start slagging each other off again :-)

Sort the metro out and fans wont leave early. Its kaos after the game and only a matter of time somebody gets hurt.
Im not surprised people go early especially with children. The club need to step in here and not leave to the metro staff.

The most probable reason is we expect too much now! shame

Well thats my opinion.

Come on CITY.

jrb said:

However, noticed the first set of fans leaving quickly up the Kippax steps with *17 minutes* to go. Then the trickle became a constant stream.

Even Cundy on Talkshite noticed all the empty seats towards the end of the match, even though it was still in the balance.

This was embarassing, it wasn't just a handful of people it was quite a few that were leaving very early.

jrb said:

Without turning this into an early leaving thread, the club really need to look into it. Perhaps a survey to identify the reasons and if the main one is traffic then something could be done to try and solve it.

I also really can't understand why so many people start leaving with 5-10 mins to go. Must look terrible to the players when the ground starts emptying when they're trying to save the game. Just not the right signal.

The last 5 mins of most games are partially spoiled for me by the number of people standing up, pushing past, "Excuse me, excuse me, sorry, excuse me" ... stopping to say their goodbyes to people they know: "See you next week, Bill" ... "Didn't think much of tonight, did you ?" ... "Are you parked in the usual place ?" etc, etc.

All this while the game is actually still going on behind them !

Perhaps we need to lock the doors until the final whistle (fire regulations not withstanding).

Since my 2 front teeth were removed in august after being made loose via our 2011 semi final my 2 false teeth are a bit loose due to the fact that they were made 2 years before I had the courage to have the loose ones out, I am now paying the price for this as I have to stay calmer as against Watford I had to sneekily pick the said 2 false teeth from out of a girls coat in front of me after a loud rant about something.... Blame me for the lack of atmosphere, its my fault...

Blue Theatre said:
I also really can't understand why so many people start leaving with 5-10 mins to go. Must look terrible to the players when the ground starts emptying when they're trying to save the game. Just not the right signal.

The last 5 mins of most games are partially spoiled for me by the number of people standing up, pushing past, "Excuse me, excuse me, sorry, excuse me" ... stopping to say their goodbyes to people they know: "See you next week, Bill" ... "Didn't think much of tonight, did you ?" ... "Are you parked in the usual place ?" etc, etc.

All this while the game is actually still going on behind them !

Perhaps we need to lock the doors until the final whistle (fire regulations not withstanding).

yeah and if there is a bit of action on the pitch stop in front of you and watch.....until my gob opens.

I think what the 1894 group are trying to do is great... And the more people get behind them, the bigger the say they will have, and the more the club will have to listen.

I don't want singers on the pitch before games at half time or whenever...

I want Manchester music playing before games in the ground and on concourses etc... The other season when they had the heartbeat just before the teams were coming ouot was good too.

The more supporters that get behind that group and help out in anyway they can then the better it will be, and the sooner the better, as when the stadium is expanding, with all these 'new fans' coming to games, a lot of them won't know about the bad times and many of the songs (we're not really here for one example).

Fans can get behind the group and give ideas at 1894group.co.uk

As said the more people that support this group the more the fans will have a say... Instead of people being employed from different countries or regions of England that decide what sort of atmosphere they want at games.

I was sat in 304 last night with around 7 or 8 orientals sat behind me all talking loudly in mandarin all through the game, and whenever Chelsea showed a bit of skill or when they hit the woodwork a big whoooaahh or wooooo went up with the asians. When City attacked....nothing was heard from them, weird. I know its a sign of the times with City attracting foreign fans but it was like sitting in the corporate away section last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.