The lads I live with at uni

Dobsy87

There's four of us. I'm from Manchester. They're from London (moved to Newcastle), Doncaster and Belfast.

Guess which team they all support?

They never know who they're playing next, only one of them makes the effort to get to at least one game a season, and - I shit you NOT - when the Carling Cup final was on, I was the only one who watched the second half cos they went to the gym together.

But they all wander round in the tops and sing songs that they've only ever heard on TV at me like puppets.

Wankers.

Just needed to get that out. Thanks.

Dobsy87 said:
There's four of us. I'm from Manchester. They're from London (moved to Newcastle), Doncaster and Belfast.

Guess which team they all support?

They never know who they're playing next, only one of them makes the effort to get to at least one game a season, and - I shit you NOT - when the Carling Cup final was on, I was the only one who watched the second half cos they went to the gym together.

But they all wander round in the tops and sing songs that they've only ever heard on TV at me like puppets.

Wankers.

Just needed to get that out. Thanks.

We're gonna have fans like that in 10 years time - the exclusiveness and cult following City have had will never be the same! A part of me wishes we were still a struggling team because only a certain person supports that sort of team and one of the main reasons im proud to be a blue and always have respect for fellow Blues (even if they're total wankers) is because it takes someone special not to be swayed by the success of the Rags and keep following the Blues!

yeah i remember the night of their chumps league final..

This pub in sheffield was full of cockney rags, I was watching coz it was a m8s bday and we were on the way out after. It pissed me off when they were singing songs about city i was red in the eyes and my blood was boiling

I'm lucky that my uni mates support a wide variety of teams and only a couple are rags and one of them never mentions it around me (I think I intimidate him haha).

My housemates support Leeds, Bradford and Darlington. The other doesn't really have a team but says he likes City since meeting me and he also finds our club amusing in its ridiculousness.

i dislike people who go why do you support city when you could support united who actually win things?

there so annoying

Forzacitizens said:
i dislike people who go why do you support city when you could support united who actually win things?

there so annoying

Just say to them footy isnt just about winning metal cups and bowls it's about having a togertherness with a select band of brothers and having a fuckin laugh (whether win lose or draw)(which the Rags dont do - they all fuck off home when they lose!) and a drink and a trip away every now and again! Over a weekend ive sometimes forgotten about if we've won or even who we've played cos ive had such a mint time wherever ive been!

I was lucky at uni, first year a cockney liverpool fan, an arsenal and a romanian who just sang Hagi Bagi everytime he saw a football and 2 that didnt follow it. After that i chose to live with a Geordie (when they were doing really well) a Grimsby fan (i went to blundell park with him as a neutral not knowing i would soon be there with City!!!) and a Wigan fan (before they got up there), and 2 girls, a Liverpool fan moved in the last year. There was a good hatred of all things flith... obviously led by me... although the Arsenal fan in the first year got us in a scuffle with 4 Rags, he was saying they were more cockney than him (not so much as a northern let alone Manc accent between them) they lost it and the scuffle!!! funny (although we did rely on the Romanian sparking 2 of them!!!)

I know how you feel mate. I've still got a season ticket at COMS but I live in East Yorkshire for work.

I didn't want to watch the rags win the Carling Cup so I went to the gym to escape it. But they had it on in the gym and two middle-aged women were next to each other on X-trainers watching the penalties and cheering the scum on. I was wearing my city shirt at the time as well.

Now I'm sorry but, if you're a true fan you should be down at Wembley watching the game - but if you can't do that you should at least be watching it at home or in a pub. Even the most fair weather supporter should not be just happening to catch your team playing in a major domestic cup final while you're at the gym. It makes me sick.

Also when I watched the them play Inter in the Champions League in a pub near me it was full of plastic rags. Oh, and my housemate - from London - I don't need to tell you the rest.

Wouldn't it be so sweet if Liverpool could pip them to the Premiership. Although I know I'm living in a dream world when I say that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.