The "let's talk" thread

Been struggling for ages ,losing silva has killed me,i am really highly aware that people are losing people so I didn't want to be insensitive and wail about a cat,in my world where I can literally go months without seeing anyone except delivery men and the dr,she was my person if you see what I mean,I miss constant cuddling and something else living and breathing in the house,i went completely off my head last time ,i am really trying not to do that again

Where to start with covid,in hospital again a couple of weeks ago because it has damaged my lungs and I couldn't breathe,I get breathless doing the simple things,I am scared to sleep at night as I think I will stop breathing,I sleep early mornings and half the days,some nights I don't sleep at all then like yesterday 15hrs,i do stupid things to ease the pain that I don't want to talk about

You may have noticed my lol has all but disappeared,i am trying ,i really am,on my own it has been tough,those of you of my age on your own and not healthy will know what it is like,it is awful

The second I broke my shoulder my health has gone from one bad thing to another,i fear I am never going to get back to where I was,anyway I didn't expect to lay all this out but there you have it

I was enjoying getting out with some of you and going to games,i hope that comes around again

Anyway,enough about me
That’s really rubbish kaz. I’ll be mortified I’m when either of my dogs die and not sure how I’ll cope. But you just have to I suppose. Are you thinking of getting a silva 2?
Just keep believing and try and watch things on telly that Make you happy or are important to you. I watch the last episode of after life (series 1) when I’m really low as it reminds me of dark times and coming through them.
Keep taking and sending you good vibes x

Been struggling for ages ,losing silva has killed me,i am really highly aware that people are losing people so I didn't want to be insensitive and wail about a cat,in my world where I can literally go months without seeing anyone except delivery men and the dr,she was my person if you see what I mean,I miss constant cuddling and something else living and breathing in the house,i went completely off my head last time ,i am really trying not to do that again

Where to start with covid,in hospital again a couple of weeks ago because it has damaged my lungs and I couldn't breathe,I get breathless doing the simple things,I am scared to sleep at night as I think I will stop breathing,I sleep early mornings and half the days,some nights I don't sleep at all then like yesterday 15hrs,i do stupid things to ease the pain that I don't want to talk about

You may have noticed my lol has all but disappeared,i am trying ,i really am,on my own it has been tough,those of you of my age on your own and not healthy will know what it is like,it is awful

The second I broke my shoulder my health has gone from one bad thing to another,i fear I am never going to get back to where I was,anyway I didn't expect to lay all this out but there you have it

I was enjoying getting out with some of you and going to games,i hope that comes around again

Anyway,enough about me

Karen, that is hell for you but you are such a great influence on a lot of people. Keeping their spirits up and sounding so positive. Like petethemancinleeds says, is there a chance of a Silva2? That isn't being insensitive I know how devastating it can be when you lose a pet especially when it is a cuddly one.

I do know how hard it can be on your own and with ill health. I am very lucky in that my offspring and the grand and great grandchildren have kept in regular touch by FaceTime but it does help when you have someone to hold your hand or just give you a hug. That is what I am missing but it won't last for ever.

You've had it rough sweetheart but you have done a great job connecting with others on here. Keep it up The BlueMoon family are around for you.

Take care and nil desperandum as they say. Virtual hugs from me. xxx :-) xxx :-)

That’s really rubbish kaz. I’ll be mortified I’m when either of my dogs die and not sure how I’ll cope. But you just have to I suppose. Are you thinking of getting a silva 2?
Just keep believing and try and watch things on telly that Make you happy or are important to you. I watch the last episode of after life (series 1) when I’m really low as it reminds me of dark times and coming through them.
Keep taking and sending you good vibes x
Thanks honey,i waited a year between sky and silva,like I say am totally devoted each time that it takes a long time to get over ,it is a process with me,i wil adopt from the sanctuary again when I feel ready x

Karen, that is hell for you but you are such a great influence on a lot of people. Keeping their spirits up and sounding so positive. Like petethemancinleeds says, is there a chance of a Silva2? That isn't being insensitive I know how devastating it can be when you lose a pet especially when it is a cuddly one.

I do know how hard it can be on your own and with ill health. I am very lucky in that my offspring and the grand and great grandchildren have kept in regular touch by FaceTime but it does help when you have someone to hold your hand or just give you a hug. That is what I am missing but it won't last for ever.

You've had it rough sweetheart but you have done a great job connecting with others on here. Keep it up The BlueMoon family are around for you.

Take care and nil desperandum as they say. Virtual hugs from me. xxx :-) xxx :-)
Aww you are such a darling eccles ,i do have good neighbours ,one is a friend who is older than me and has no spleen so has shielded for months so I have not been able to see her,i am desperate for a hug now,i am a huggy person,as I said above i will adopt again,in a while xxx

I never knew this thread existed before today and what an incredible idea it is to give people the platform to say whatever it is that they might be struggling with.

I lost my Dad at the beginning of lockdown and to be honest I cannot decide what I am feeling. He had been ill for a little while but we had hoped he might still come home but then he caught Covid in the hospital and it was only a matter of days after that.

The bit I keep going over is the last time I ever saw him in person. I left his hospital room to get my mum and I something to eat and on returning to the ward they did not let me back in, even to say goodbye. I broke down as I knew it could be the last time I ever saw him. I didn't even hug him i just said ill be back in a minute whilst mum was helping him shave and that was that.

Football returning has weirdly been the worst thing. We live down in Bristol so we would watch games together on TV and I kept turning expecting him to shout his disdain at a missed chance or celebrating a goal. The first game back against Arsenal i think cried throughout the whole game. City was what me and Dad did and now he isn't here to share it with i honestly have struggled to watch games, I dread them to be honest.

I don't really know where I am going with this but it seems easier to tell people on a forum than tell people around me.

I never knew this thread existed before today and what an incredible idea it is to give people the platform to say whatever it is that they might be struggling with.

I lost my Dad at the beginning of lockdown and to be honest I cannot decide what I am feeling. He had been ill for a little while but we had hoped he might still come home but then he caught Covid in the hospital and it was only a matter of days after that.

The bit I keep going over is the last time I ever saw him in person. I left his hospital room to get my mum and I something to eat and on returning to the ward they did not let me back in, even to say goodbye. I broke down as I knew it could be the last time I ever saw him. I didn't even hug him i just said ill be back in a minute whilst mum was helping him shave and that was that.

Football returning has weirdly been the worst thing. We live down in Bristol so we would watch games together on TV and I kept turning expecting him to shout his disdain at a missed chance or celebrating a goal. The first game back against Arsenal i think cried throughout the whole game. City was what me and Dad did and now he isn't here to share it with i honestly have struggled to watch games, I dread them to be honest.

I don't really know where I am going with this but it seems easier to tell people on a forum than tell people around me.
Most City supporting Dad's won't begrudge their son having a feed anytime and you were there rather than miles away. Time will heal but sudden things will still tear the plaster off . Hopefully City will be back as a good memory but not right now especially if you travel long distance. Perhaps a local supporters club would be useful later on.

My depression has largely subsided now. I’m back to work (from home) and this London house is on the market. We’ve had five viewings within a week and two offers. Both rejected as they weren’t high enough but it’s very promising.

I’m instigating chat with people via Facebook / Twitter. Arranging pints or food in South Wales, Hereford and Manchester. Goodness knows when but it’ll happen when we can travel. Look forwards to things.

Endless grim grey or wet summer days do my fucking head in

Of course as spring was so glorious I knew summer would be shit

I've really struggled this week and cannot motivate myself to do much
I've even stopped looking in the mirror because I look like I've been dragged through hell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.