The "let's talk" thread

Wow that is a lot you have had to deal with, i'm not surprised you have struggled. Try to remember that you have found the strength to get through this so far and things will change in time. It's good you have your GF and i'd encourage you to keep talking, it really does help. Is there a HR department at work that you could talk to? many companies now have a much better approach to mental health issues and may be able to help. Regarding the medication, yes it will take time but it's really positive you have taken the steps to get the help needed.

Try not to feel guilty and believe me you are not on your own, there are so many people out there who are really struggling, Just remember how strong you really are, you will get through this.

In time you will look back on this period and realise just how awesome you really are
I work in the NHS so yes we have a really good occupational health department; they’re helping me with the spine problem and are very supportive. They do have counselling available but the waiting list is seriously long so I’ve just got to wait my turn.

I’m really fucking struggling at the moment and I’m at a loss what to do about it. I have no interest in anything at all; music, films, football, nothing excites or interests me.
I try to be realistic and say to myself that in the last 2 years I’ve lost my marriage, my home, my pets, had a big drink problem (now beaten thankfully), moved house 3 times, had Covid twice and now have long Covid and degeneration of the spine which has left me in constant pain, and then in September I lost my dad.
All that when I look at it typed out should be enough to knock most people on their backside but I feel guilty and actually hate myself because I just can’t lift myself up and get on with life.
I recently went back to work after my dad passed but I just don’t want to be there, and when I come home I don’t want to be here either! All I want to do is go to bed and sleep.
My gp has put me on a new medication that’s supposed to help with both chronic pain and depression but it takes a couple of months to start working apparently, and I’m on the waiting list for nerve block injections, but until then I have to wear a collar and back brace to straighten my spine and ease the swelling on the nerves. I’m limited what I can actually do at work and that’s causing bad feeling with colleagues.
The last thing I want to do is drag my girlfriend down; she’s been absolutely fantastic since I met her but I know she’s seeing the change in me.
How the hell can I lift my spirits and get out of this hole I’m in?
I wish you well and hope everyday you start feeling better hope the blues gave you a lift today all the very best to you

Had some shit family news on Thursday. I've been upset, sad and heartbroken but can't mope about. Being at the game and being around sound blues took my mind off things. I love this club x

It’s quite humbling reading some of these posts. I really hope the posters who have been brave enough to share get the help they need and some peace of mind and happiness soon.

I never suffered any mental health issues until a few years ago. Hit me like a tonne of bricks to be honest and was so scared it was untrue.

Basically something happend to me in my childhood that i have never really spoken about apart from my wife and my friend. Then my wife asked me a few questions as she was watching a programme and said that what she was watching had happend to me. Sort of set me off a bit but then I work in London and well I don’t want to get to much into it but the Westminster bridge attack happened and I was there.

However it took
A while for all this to set in. I went to see a therapist etc but to be honest didn’t really work.

I still struggle a bit now and to be honest I don’t think I will ever be what I used to be like. It makes me a bit sad but you have to carry on and go day by day.

What I’m trying to say in an arse about way is that it’s common to have issues and it’s ok to be frightened and scared. However cliche as it sounds it is good to talk. Sometimes it even helps if you don’t know that person. Also it’s not good to bottle it up or hide away.

If anyone does feel in a hole or wants a chat or just a moan I’m happy to listen. Sometimes just getting crap off your chest can help.

Anyways I hope and pray the posters that are struggling are ok and that they can find some rest and some peace of mind.

Take care all.

Just a let off of … steam? No, probably frustration and tiredness.

So… I had a 2 year debilitating illness , just after getting Mrs JASR back from being away for 4 months, MRs then had 2 years of attempting to deal with PTSD, leading into covid times, that led her to early retirement, and no chance of working or attempting anything difficult (eg form filling) ever again.
‘Child’ 3 had a complete breakdown of their (best of the 4) ability to function.
Now diagnosed with severe anxiety , after getting through severe depression, adhd. Can’t currently leave Ex’s (no issues) house, which has caused me to write this post, as I tried to pick them up for Christmas, but they couldn’t get out the door, though they tried really hard, heartbreaking.
‘child’ 2 now diagnosed with adhd but doing reasonably ok, but suffering serious self doubt still.
‘Child’ 4 now diagnosed with adhd and had a completely crap set of ‘friends’ that dragged them down further, possibly rebuilding life a bit now, having got away a bit, sadly not here for Christmas, but that’s actually probably a good thing to be away from ‘friends’.
MIL body decided to faint the day before a taxi was bringing them from afar to here for Christmas (can’t drive anymore - anxiety , and me & Mrs JASR have one of these hideous infections at the moment), completely battered against a kerb and even more incapable of doing anything (suffered for years with anxiety and self worth).
Mother , starting to lose marbles , and I find that hard to deal with, as mentioned many times in here - Alzheimer’s is a woman.
‘Child’ 1, doing fine, but is far far away for Christmas, which is the 1st time they are away at this time, and for a long time (9 months).

I’m tired.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.