The level of coaching at City

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
How the hell do any of us know what goes on in training. I've spoken to a couple of league managers who told me that they tell the players things week in and week out, it all seems fine on the training ground then they forget everything when they cross that white line and the referee starts the game.

So unless anyone actually knows what we do in training then shut the fuck up. I'm sick of 20-something, FM-playing, armchair experts telling me what's wrong with what experienced coaches are or aren't doing.

I wouldn't mind betting that if you care to name these managers who cannot get their players to do what they want them to they will be either a) managers who have had little or no success in their careers or b) managers who have found themselves managing players who are just not very good.
I'm not afraid to admit I've read Baconface's biography and in there, he admits that even after three years, the team weren't playing the way he wanted and he's the most successful manager in modern history. So that's (a) crossed off. As for point (b) it's not about good or bad players, it's about players who can do the job you want. Most of the players he has now are not world-class apart from Evra and Rooney. The rest are average but know how to play to order. But he's had over 20 years to perfect the system.

Bluefinn said:
The OP has made some points that are true imo, especially the midfield part. We play a very direct style of play and rarely flood the midfield to any great effect and build up our play. Usually our wingers just bring the ball forward or it's longballed to them. If you watch good build up teams like Barca, Arsenal etc. they have many options in midfield and the ball moves well there. They bring people forward but dont look weak on defense either. Like said, they can do this even with lesser players.

A very valid opinion and I can see the point clearly that the you are making, but what argument is there when we have beaten Barca and The Arse twice.

Someone has mentioned 'coach'. We haven't had a 'coach' as I understand the term since Big Mal, and that's Allison, not Cigar! Modern day coaches are ten a penny. They are clones of a Uefa coaching system that is limited and non-visionary. Is Mourinho a good coach, or did he just have players who responded to his approach? Is that coaching? Wenger, let's remember, has been at the Arse, top team, for ten years. Anyone remember the Arse of George Graham? They bored opponents to death.

We are getting into entrenched positions and using the same arguments to promote both sides of an argument that is perpetually insoluble.

Prestwich_Blue said:
How the hell do any of us know what goes on in training. I've spoken to a couple of league managers who told me that they tell the players things week in and week out, it all seems fine on the training ground then they forget everything when they cross that white line and the referee starts the game.

So unless anyone actually knows what we do in training then shut the fuck up. I'm sick of 20-something, FM-playing, armchair experts telling me what's wrong with what experienced coaches are or aren't doing.
I don't need to attend a training session nor do i require a Uefa coaching license to notice that the backline is an absolute sham, and the midfield is lacking, despite having a supposed wealth of talent to choose from. Secondly nobody is telling you what's wrong. People are offering an opinion on what they feel could be a contributing factor to why we're not looking like an actual team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.