The Line - Saudi Arabia

So are the peasants and indentured workforce gonna be down one end and the wealthier up the other as you move along, seperating society or will it be a multicutural, mixed societal oasis.

Sounds quite distopian tbh.
A friend of mine is working on this and when he described it to me a few months ago, all I could think was that it sounded like something out of Demolition Man. This promo video hasn't done much to change my mind!

It will be mightily impressive from a construction point of view, but it looks and sounds like a dreadful way to live.

That said, I still don't think I can fully comprehend the size and scale of this thing — one of the "blocks" is planned to have a 50,000-seater football stadium on the roof!

Wasn't Manchester promised that with the Hulme 1960's "walkways in the sky" project? That went well.
I thought of that too. Let's see how it is after ten years when the lifts all stop working/stink of piss and the rats and cockroaches have established themselves

Impressive from a design and architectural standpoint, but it will be a commercial centre designed to trap people and their money inside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.