The Lords Prayer advert now banned in cinemas.

I've not read the previous 60 pages but as a Christian I find it very say that the advert can't be shown. Giant corporations can advertise and use media as a means of spreading their word, so why not Christian faith. This isn't 'bible bashing', this is reminding people of a prayer that means a lot to a great deal of people. I would not be offended if a Muslim prayer or passage was used. I choose what I listen to / watch so why can't anyone else. However, if the advert received complaints then it should be dealt with like any other advert that receives complaints. An independent watchdog should decide if it breaches any advertising standards or not. Live and let live, don't hurt other human beings or indeed creatures, very simple requirements in my interpretation of what a Christian should be. I also understand that Christians 400 years ago were different people but then again I'm sure atheists were too. The Bible is a living document, interpretation is different to different people. In any case, I wish all on Blue Moon a healthy and happy Christmas.

I've not read the previous 60 pages but as a Christian I find it very say that the advert can't be shown. Giant corporations can advertise and use media as a means of spreading their word, so why not Christian faith. This isn't 'bible bashing', this is reminding people of a prayer that means a lot to a great deal of people. I would not be offended if a Muslim prayer or passage was used. I choose what I listen to / watch so why can't anyone else. However, if the advert received complaints then it should be dealt with like any other advert that receives complaints. An independent watchdog should decide if it breaches any advertising standards or not. Live and let live, don't hurt other human beings or indeed creatures, very simple requirements in my interpretation of what a Christian should be. I also understand that Christians 400 years ago were different people but then again I'm sure atheists were too. The Bible is a living document, interpretation is different to different people. In any case, I wish all on Blue Moon a healthy and happy Christmas.
And the same to you friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.