oakiecokie said:
badmash said:
This paper is getting beyond the joke

Every headline is some anti City bollox

Is it true ?? YES.

Is it true ? YES.

Is it true ? YES

These are from the past few days

And your point being ?? They report something which is current,correct and you lose sleep over it ??

It's the negativity that's the issue though isn't it? The MUEN could just as easily have said 'Utd fall further behind Barca and Madrid in rich list', but they didn't. Instead they chose to create the misleading impression that City were on the slide, whereas in reality City's one place drop was due to Spuds having Chimps League football in 2010-2011, something that will be well and truly reversed in next year's figures.
Also the story about the rag businessman isn't worth the paper it's written on. Three words - 'Compulsory', 'Purchase' 'Order'.

But the problem we have with this individual businessman is that as things stand he doesn`t want to sell to City and he is quite within his rights to do so.Only then will a CPO be issued,so don`t use that as a negative spin from the MEN.THAT IS FACTUAL.
Ref the UK fooball list that again is FACTUAL.This is a LOCAL NEWSPAPER so therefore they don`t need to say anything about the Spanish Teams.City have slipped down the list by one,but will you slag the MEN next year when it will show we will have probably gone up by 2 or 3 places.
People somehow can only see negative stuff when they search for it !! Yourself being at the forefront !!

Don't let it worry you mate. I only buy it when i want to . The last time was on the Monday after the demolition derby!!

The Front page is about some bitter red trying to stop City domination
The 2nd page is a Mario photo shoot
The Centre pages are Vieira.

I enjoyed reading it even if I knew all the stories before I read them

I can understand what the OP is getting at!

As an example before last weekends games us and the rags were on the same points - we won, they drew, thus dropping two points... however the press then go onto report how they had gained points on us! Now how do you think the press would have reported that the other way around?
Now the point of the OP is that we can expect that from the media in general, but the Evening News is supposed to be our local paper so we should be able to expect favourable reporting, sadly they're as biased as the rest.

dario2739 said:

As an example before last weekends games us and the rags were on the same points - we won, they drew, thus dropping two points... however the press then go onto report how they had gained points on us! Now how do you think the press would have reported that the other way around?
Now the point of the OP is that we can expect that from the media in general, but the Evening News is supposed to be our local paper so we should be able to expect favourable reporting, sadly they're as biased as the rest.

How often do you buy the MEN as a matter of interest?

Pigeonho said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Pigeonho said:
Your quote says 'Manchester United stay top of UK rich list'. Why would they include Barca and Madrid in that then? If it's a Euro rich list, or just a rich list in general then fair enough but even then I wouldn't expect them to big up Barca and Madrid in favour of a club which comes from the city they print papers for. You said it was the UK rich list though, and if that is a direct quote from them, why would they say they have fallen behind Barca and Madrid.

I didn't say it was the UK rich list......for the very reason that it wasn't! It was the Deloitte Touche European one. The MUEN chose to extract the UK clubs info from it and present the story from the trumpeting point of view that the rags are the biggest and bestest and liddle old Ciddy have slipped down the pecking order, something that whilst it may well be factually correct as a bald statement, is also unrepresentative in the broader context
Even if that's the case then, does it really matter? Is it going to affect anything other than making City fans think twice about buying the paper?
In reality it won't affect one solitary thing.

Again, no-one ever claimed anything would change. The sky will still be blue, the birds will still sing and I'll still have a fat arse. However, the thread isn't about whether anything will change, it's about biased media coverage, and whilst this is a relatively minor example, it is still nonetheless AN example

Also in the MUEN, did you read about the two rally cars that raced across the UAE?
One was sponsored by City, the other by united and the City car won

The MUEN reported that whilst the rag car was runner up, City's car finished next to last

oakiecokie said:
oakiecokie said:
And your point being ?? They report something which is current,correct and you lose sleep over it ??

It's the negativity that's the issue though isn't it? The MUEN could just as easily have said 'Utd fall further behind Barca and Madrid in rich list', but they didn't. Instead they chose to create the misleading impression that City were on the slide, whereas in reality City's one place drop was due to Spuds having Chimps League football in 2010-2011, something that will be well and truly reversed in next year's figures.
Also the story about the rag businessman isn't worth the paper it's written on. Three words - 'Compulsory', 'Purchase' 'Order'.

But the problem we have with this individual businessman is that as things stand he doesn`t want to sell to City and he is quite within his rights to do so.Only then will a CPO be issued,so don`t use that as a negative spin from the MEN.THAT IS FACTUAL.
Ref the UK fooball list that again is FACTUAL.This is a LOCAL NEWSPAPER so therefore they don`t need to say anything about the Spanish Teams.City have slipped down the list by one,but will you slag the MEN next year when it will show we will have probably gone up by 2 or 3 places.
People somehow can only see negative stuff when they search for it !! Yourself being at the forefront !!

And some can't see the wood for the trees. If Spanish teams aren't worth comparing united and City with because this is a 'local' newspaper, then why is the comparison with London and Scouse teams of any more interest or validity? United play in the Chimps League each year every bit as much as they do the Premiership. And for the record I don't doubt that next year's headline will be something along the lines of 'City up two places in finance table, but still lag behind united'. It might be factual, but equally the paper is doing what it always does, portraying City as inferior to united by whatever means possible.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:17 pm --<br /><br />
The Pink Panther said:
Also in the MUEN, did you read about the two rally cars that raced across the UAE?

The MUEN reported that whilst the rag car was runner up, City's car finished next to last

LOL

oakiecokie said:

And some can't see the wood for the trees. If Spanish teams aren't worth comparing united and City with because this is a 'local' newspaper, then why is the comparison with London and Scouse teams of any more interest or validity? United play in the Chimps League each year every bit as much as they do the Premiership. And for the record I don't doubt that next year's headline will be something along the lines of 'City up two places in finance table, but still lag behind united'. It might be factual, but equally the paper is doing what it always does, portraying City as inferior to united by whatever means possible.

-- Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:17 pm --

The Pink Panther said:

LOL

Think you`ll find at the moment they can`t because we are where in the League ?
Again you are looking for negatives when theres really fuck all there.
As a matter of interest,how long have you been reading the MEN and how often in a week ?

oakiecokie said:
dario2739 said:

How often do you buy the MEN as a matter of interest?

Never... if I go into town and they're handing them out free i'll have one, but refuse to buy one!
Why?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.