The Malcolm Allison Stand

vonksbignose

Our greatest ever player, & our greatest ever manager are commemorated in their own ways at the ground.

Well surely today is the day to start the campaign for recognition of our greatest ever coach? We've got 3 unnamed stands at COMS, so I would have thought that a fitting tribute from the club would be to name one of these after the big man.

I don't know whether the mods would consider making this topic a sticky, so that people could post their support & we could inform the club of our views?

Over to you lot!

vonksbignose said:
Our greatest ever player, & our greatest ever manager are commemorated in their own ways at the ground.

Well surely today is the day to start the campaign for recognition of our greatest ever coach? We've got 3 unnamed stands at COMS, so I would have thought that a fitting tribute from the club would be to name one of these after the big man.

I don't know whether the mods would consider making this topic a sticky, so that people could post their support & we could inform the club of our views?

Over to you lot!

i agree stickey please, 'the malcolm allison family stand sounds ok to me'

marco said:
vonksbignose said:

Over to you lot!

i agree stickey please, 'the malcolm allison family stand sounds ok to me'

Funnily enough, when I thought of all the stands in the ground, this was the one that came to my mind too Marco. Especially given the number of comments I've read in various places today from fans who were kids during his time at the club, who have stated that his football was responsible for them getting the "city bug" at that time.

We quite possibly owe a whole generation of fans to the great man's genius, so what a fitting tribute it would be for the next generation to proudly march into a stand bearing his name each match day.

The stadium should have been called the "Joe Mercer Stadium."

Until that is done then it would be an imbalance to have something named after Malcolm.
IMHO of course.

mackenzie said:

Until that is done then it would be an imbalance to have something named after Malcolm.
IMHO of course.

But we have Joe Mercer Way, so he has his tribute already, as does Colin Bell. Surely Big Mal belongs in the same bracket of club legends & deserves his tribute at the ground?

vonksbignose said:
mackenzie said:

IMHO of course.

But we have Joe Mercer Way, so he has his tribute already, as does Colin Bell. Surely Big Mal belongs in the same bracket of club legends & deserves his tribute at the ground?

Agreed.

vonksbignose said:
mackenzie said:

IMHO of course.

Joe should have had the whole stadium named after him, not just a thoroughfare.

Malcolm deserves a tribute but not one that is bigger than Joe's.

mackenzie said:
vonksbignose said:

Joe should have had the whole stadium named after him, not just a thoroughfare.

Malcolm deserves a tribute but not one that is bigger than Joe's.

Fair enough, I just disagree that naming a stand after Malcolm would be belittling Joe Mercer's contribution in any way. Stand naming/Street naming - to me, these tributes are equal in stature, neither is greater than the other.

No...... Unless they rename the stadium after Mercer. As for our greatest manager(not coach)he had two goes at that and being kind.....wasn't as successful as either the club or he would have liked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.