The Malcolm Allison Stand

mackenzie said:
vonksbignose said:
But we have Joe Mercer Way, so he has his tribute already, as does Colin Bell. Surely Big Mal belongs in the same bracket of club legends & deserves his tribute at the ground?

Joe should have had the whole stadium named after him, not just a thoroughfare.

Malcolm deserves a tribute but not one that is bigger than Joe's.

Is the stadium name being saved for a sponsor? More revenue?

Should lift the smoking ban for the Arsenal game - for big fcuk off cigars only though ;-)

RIP Big Mal

mancitymick said:
We rename it the Mercer /Allison way and have a statue of Malcolm Allison by Joe Mercer. The were a team together and should remane together

The Mercer Allison way suits me!

mancitymick said:
We rename it the Mercer /Allison way and have a statue of Malcolm Allison by Joe Mercer. The were a team together and should remane together

That is a good idea, but I would still want something where Joe stands apart on his own.

josh06 said:
mancitymick said:

The Mercer Allison way suits me!

Doesn't roll off the tounge that well. Mercer way, leading to malcolm allison square, With a statue of them both from happier times.

mackenzie said:
mancitymick said:

That is a good idea, but I would still want something where Joe stands apart on his own.

In a way i understand what you are saying but they were a team togother

mancitymick said:
mackenzie said:

In a way i understand what you are saying but they were a team togother

Yes, they were. A great team together.

But Joe needs something that sets him apart from Malcolm, because Joe was (IMHO) worthy of that kind of accolade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.