The Manager

there were couple of problems tonight.
the boss overdid it with the newcomers. they are all quality players but they need time to make a compact team. the second problem was playing tevez as a target man instead of dzeko or balotelli. yaya could have done that job, but he's invaluable in the middle. tevez should play an attacking midfield or even deeper midfield roles in matches like this.

Damocles said:
Wiekens said:
He has to drop the 5-3-2 which he switched us to when he bought on zaba. It cost us the game.

You mean apart from when we were in front at the Bernabeu with 5 minutes to go? You mean it cot us except when we scored from it?

-- Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:12 am --

We were 1-0 up when he bought zabaleta on and switched to 5-3-2. By the end of the game we had lost 3-2. Pretty sure that adds up to us scoring one and conceding 3.

And watch the goals. The Marcelo and Ronaldo goals came from players cutting in from wide positions. Both could have been prevented with proper cover from wingers showing them the outside. We were a defensive shambles when we switched.

Oh and I'm sure the 5-3-2 formation helped loads with our goal, what with it being a set piece

lastmanback said:
Damocles said:
Wiekens said:
He has to drop the 5-3-2 which he switched us to when he bought on zaba. It cost us the game.

You mean apart from when we were in front at the Bernabeu with 5 minutes to go? You mean it cot us except when we scored from it?

We where about to fluke our way to victory, not by any tactical master plan.
Just pure luck.
With better finishing we could have been 3 or 4-1 up by the 85th min. it wasn't luck mate.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
lastmanback said:

We where about to fluke our way to victory, not by any tactical master plan.
Just pure luck.
With better finishing we could have been 3 or 4-1 up by the 85th min. it wasn't luck mate.
Real had 35 shots at goal. They could have won the game easily.

Pingu the Penguin said:
big gaz said:
Billy shears, Danburger spot on Milner makkes Glen Johnson look good for England because he covers his defensive role, yet the boss never seems to pick him. Look at the game at OT last season has a blinder and the hardly gets picked.

Stop reading the papers - he made nearly 50 appearances for club and country last season
Go on then how many starts, thats my point.I am surprised he didn't do one with AJ.

Wiekens said:
Damocles said:
Wiekens said:

-- Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:12 am --

We were 1-0 up when he bought zabaleta on and switched to 5-3-2. By the end of the game we had lost 3-2. Pretty sure that adds up to us scoring one and conceding 3.

And watch the goals. The Marcelo and Ronaldo goals came from players cutting in from wide positions. Both could have been prevented with proper cover from wingers showing them the outside. We were a defensive shambles when we switched.

Oh and I'm sure the 5-3-2 formation helped loads with our goal, what with it being a set piece

Sadly the problem had more to do with Zabeleta than the formation and a little bit of the blame goes to Garcia, Hart and Kompany .

For the first goal, I think Kompany was right to do everything to stop Marcelo getting the shot on his left foot. Marcelo is a class player, though and sold a great dummy. However, Zabeleta was now in the CB position and should have come out quicker to close the shot.

For the third again Zabaleta should be showing Ronaldo on his left foot. Yes Ronaldo has a great left foot, but there is less immediate danger than letting him come in on his right, especially from the angle he was at. Still this is Ronaldo, possibly the best player in the world. However, once he came in onto his right foot Garcia should probably have closed him down closer, though he seemed wary of Marcelo. Then Hart and Kompany did not cover themselves in glory by letting the shot go in.

Burtonblue said:
2bluejacko said:
black mamba said:
We COULD blame the manager , yeah ....

but then again we could also ask Javi Garcia why he didn't bust a gut to get to Marcello a bit quicker for Madrids first goal ...

we might also ask Vincent Kompany why he didn't 'stand tall' in front of Ronaldos winning shot , instead of ducking .... something that it looked like Joe Hart immediately picked up on after the shot had beaten him.

we could also ask Zabaleta why he didn't 'shepherd' Ronaldo out wide in the first place , instead of allowing him to cut inside for his 'final pop' at goal ?

we could ALWAYS ask questions , couldn't we???
i will ask one... why did he drop lescott...shocking decision!!!
To be fair I thought Nastisic had a pretty good game.
He looks quicker than Lescott and I suspect Mancini preferred him tonight down the left to counter Di Maria and Arbeloa's pace.
Either that or maybe Joleon not 100%
Alternatively RM could be mad.....

I'm more nervous about Lescott having the ball this season, hopefully though it's because Nastisic has been showing more in training.

Real Madrid racked up shots on target in the first half, but few of them were of any real danger.

Ronaldo shouldve been double marked. Nasri did nothing for me, and Id much rather theydve gone with Milner to double team Ronaldo. Maicon did ok, but Ronaldo generally got the better of him.

Tactically, we looked good counter attacking. Yaya was HUGE in the midfield at times, and Tevez ran his arse off. Dzeko looked hungry and played on the feet well upfront.

Their goals were from poor marking, and one colossal miscommunication.

Blame Hart for this lost game is crazy, that guy had some great saves and still Mancini blame him over deffence.

Mancini is a fantastic manager but he made a right arse of it v Real & was very lucky we didn't lose by 5 or 6.

Only Hart plus absolutely terrible finishing saved us from complete humilliation.

He needs to stop fucking about trying to outwit managers & just play the strongest team. When he does that, we usually win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.